Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make front cups for our truck? If not, what cups are you guys using? Will S-10 cups work? How big do they need to be? Thanks!!!

·
.:: MR. September ::.
247 Posts
cups will not work. look under the front and you will see a coilover setup. you have to have a bottom bag bracket on the lower control arm and you have to make a upper bag bracket. here is a pic of my front setup, notice the upper bag mount:

It's the same setup as if you were to bag an import truck.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are those custom upper arm mounts also??... man that looks pretty involved...is it easier to use a shockwave up front?

·
247 Posts
yes, the uppers were raised 4" and the bottom balljoints were raised 2". geometry wise this is the same as using a drop spindle and it also helps with camber issues. as far as I know there is one colorado that has used shockwaves
but his is also body dropped with a set of custom control arms.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Now do you have to take out the inner wheel wells to drop that much in the front? And you definately have to cut into the bed to get the back that low right?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yes you have to cut the fenders out and the bed.

I have the exact same setup as Speed81, although the douche bag never put drop joints on mine so that lead to problems.

Also Draggin' you want a easy way to do the front?

It's a little pricey, but check this out.

GTC Fabrication

·
247 Posts
Now do you have to take out the inner wheel wells to drop that much in the front? And you definately have to cut into the bed to get the back that low right?
If you run any wheel bigger than an 18 you have to cut out the fender wells in the front among alot of other work. in the rear you have to cut a hole in the bed for the notch and the wheels.

·
Registered
979 Posts

I have the exact same setup as Speed81, although the douche bag never put drop joints on mine so that lead to problems.

GTC Fabrication
so basically thats a bolt in way too lay out the front? thats all you need?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That's it boss man.

No one has tried them yet though. Or not that I know of.

They are expensive. Then again you just fab up like Ryan's truck and your good to and less costly.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

GTC Fabrication
I'm lookin' for more of a "cost effective" way to lay out...I'm not trying to spend 6G's for a bolt on kit...I'd rather spend 3G's for a custom set up...

...although it looks like GTC has some good shit!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's it boss man.

No one has tried them yet though. Or not that I know of.

They are expensive. Then again you just fab up like Ryan's truck and your good to and less costly.
gah dammit!! got me thinkin now.. its really not all that pricey to bag these trucks.. compared to others, yes, but i was expecting it to be more.. hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
:lmao:

Fuck me. Thanks Ryan I have been looking for a pic of a stock tierod setup and there it is :lmao:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you doing the work yourself?
If I could find a welder for a decent price I'd be doing it myself...Although I'd feel more comfortable having someone who knows what their doing cutting up my truck...

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I know...I can't decide on coilovers or bags...I'm gettin' 20's either way...
I am thinking of just getting the belltech drop shocks for now to hold me over. DJM 3" arms plus another 1" from the shocks... ??? Then I have do to something else to the back. What are you running right now???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts