Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be an odd intro since I don't own a Colorado/Canyon, but my registering in here is because of 1 in particular. I figured I'd wing it and see how it goes.

My name is (Trucker) Mike and I'm the founder of such things as Crew Cab Mafia and Truck Mafia International. I personally drive a Silverado 1500 pavement pounder. I am a former S10 ZR2 owner and if any of you have owned a ZR2, you might know me from zr2usa.com)

Anywhoooo, last week we started our own charity for Truck Mafia that gives back to veterans and soldiers by fixing up their trucks (or finishing what they've started). Sort of a toned down version of Overhaulin' our troops. We loves trucks, they loves trucks...perfect way to uniquely say, "Thanks".

On Monday, Project Dust-Off selected an active-duty Marine as the candidate for Build #1 and he drives a 2007 Colorado (Reg cab/2wd with a CST spindle lift and ugly wheels already on it), so I'm on here to share the build with you and will be posting a thread in the Build section soon that showcases Sgt Kyle K and the before/after on his truck.

The month of Nov is dedicated to acquiring parts via sponsors and donations (don't worry, I'm not here to ask you for money) and highlighting Sgt Kyle and the local veteran's group that is made up of former Marines in his area. The build will take place in December, and that's when we'll share pics of it.

Anyway, I hope this is acceptable for my introduction. I sent an email about wanting to share this build with the forum, but not sure if it got to where it needed to go?

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
This is awesome! Definitely subscribed. Make sure to post a link in here to the build thread once it starts.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Yeah Mike, feel free to let us know what your doing and might need. I think you'll find this forum is like no other.........members will come through in all ways to help or assist.

A couple of the staff members here are active duty as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Build thread: http://www.355nation.net/forum/proj...st-off-build-1-2007-colorado.html#post3385778

Thanks, everyone! I know how tight the ZR2 community was when I was a part of it. That's what prompted me to find a forum to share this with. I've featured a couple of Colorados on crewcabmafia4.0 (on previous versions of the page) on Instagram and I remember seeing the @355nation account (no longer being updated?)

#TechnologyAndStuff

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Welcome. Tell Sgt kyle to check out norcal355.com and socal355.com for local meets and members if he is interested

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Build thread: http://www.355nation.net/forum/proj...st-off-build-1-2007-colorado.html#post3385778

Thanks, everyone! I know how tight the ZR2 community was when I was a part of it. That's what prompted me to find a forum to share this with. I've featured a couple of Colorados on crewcabmafia4.0 (on previous versions of the page) on Instagram and I remember seeing the @355nation account (no longer being updated?)

#TechnologyAndStuff
First off, thank you for what you are doing, not just from me, but I know anyone of the the veterans would say the same. I have ALWAYS had a high level of respect for anyone that is willing to do something like this for someone simply because of them serving. Providing the time and money involved to help produce something that that individual may not be able to attain on their own is one hell-of-a thank you in my eyes and speaks a ton to ones character.

Secondly, thanks for sharing the build on here. This is something we all love to see. Please tag all your instagram photos on this (or any of them really) with @officially_355nation. I found the name taken when I initially started using instagram and had contacted the kid about getting it so I could represent the site. He wouldn't give it out without me sending him some gear. So... I am waiting patiently for that account to be shut down, or the name changed, and I take the name (and subsequent tagging) over.

Last thing, welcome to the site. I'll be following the build as well. Not doubting your knowledge in the least bit, but there's a lot of guys here that have done a ton of work on these trucks and know about every bolt on them from memory. I am sure they would be willing (and happy) to help out if you have any questions about the truck.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
^^ There you go!

I didn't want to step on your toes with my post

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, blurred and everyone else. It's awesome to see everyone so pumped about this. We struggled for a year to figure out how to support our communities as a club, so for the 80 or so Truck Mafia Intl members in the US, this is perfect.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
:welcome2: can't wait to see this build! :salute:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts