Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess obviously I am new here.

Just got a 2007 3.7 LT crew 4x4 (Z85) in silver (aluminum is the actual paint color I believe)
It was modified already.

It's got a keyed passenger door handle, 2" body lift, 4" rancho suspension lift, rear airbag "helper" springs. It is sitting on 31x10.5r15 wrangler's right now.
I believe it used to have a locker in it since there is some wiring and an indicator light in the dash that are no longer connected to anything and the button style/location wouldn't be useful for much. It's had body gap guards installed as per the how-to on here. It had a rearview camera and seems to have had a decent aftermarket audio solution in it (there was a bunch of left over wiring in the dash and decent JBL speakers in the doors).

It came from California so this may we'll be it's first winter. I have used up a few cans of underbody coating to try to protect it and retain the rust free feature :)

I am planning on using it for my arduous 8 mile round trip drive to work every day... And also some camping (overlanding) this spring/summer.

I am doing a bumper lift to get rid of the grille/bumper gap from the body lift. While I am at it I will be swapping the grille for a canyon grille with a debadged billet insert. Parts are on the way.

I am installing an e-fan and removing the stock fan, I will also be installing a trans cooler with it's own fan. Parts are here already.

I have already installed an Android head unit and under seat subwoofer. For gps/music and better bass.

I'm putting in a couple of USB charging ports that are keyed power and also a solar panel for charging just in case I kill the battery in the middle of nowhere.

I am trying to source a roof cargo rack that will fit also.

I love these trucks, the size is perfect.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Welcome.

I'd be surprised if your truck had a selectable locker. The 8.0" rear never got a lot of love from any aftermarket locker manufacturers.

I agree that these trucks are a good size for camping. After I modded mine for camping it has proven itself as reliable and trustworthy.

I'd like to see some pics when you can get them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I simply believe it once had a locker. It seems that this thing has led an interesting, and well maintained, life. There are signs that the axle that is on it now is not original. And also an unused electric air valve underneath with wiring cut off that matches the wiring to the button in the cab. It made me think perhaps it once had an air locker and possibly a completely different axle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts