Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got some DDM 35W 5000K HID from my Colorado. Got some for the low beam and fog lights, will likely get some for the high beam and try to mod the KC’s. They look really good, and the white is exactly what I wanted to match the parking LED switchback and Halos. I have the 08 which has the low beam as the DRL. Has anybody else had a problem blowing the 10amp DRL fuse. I upped the fuse to 15amp without any issues so far.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
had the same problem but in my Tahoe and its been in there for about 6 months with no problems

·
Registered
165 Posts
What about hid kit causing radio interference.when my lights turn on my radio goes fuzzy
There is no reason these two should be close enough for this to happen unless you have spliced a wire from somewere else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thundering02 – That seems to have been my problem. Thanks

Jimbo*rado – I have heard that some people have had the interference with the radio, but I have not. Also my radio and everything connected to it is not OEM, this may make a difference, might not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have read that some people are putting Ferrite Beads on the output wires of the ballast and having success with eliminating the interference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts