Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I recently ordered 5000k kits for my highs lows and fogs, lows work great, fogs are intermittent, at least the passenger side, it will come on, then flicker then go out, also, tired to hook up the highs and got no light at all, put stock bulbs back in and they work fine. I also have the Mr Taillight kit with the remote fog switch, any ideas guys? I would like to at least get my fogs up and running asap

·
Registered
118 Posts
did you double check your connections? sometimes the wires dont make good contact in the plastic housings. as for your other lights, try switching them on opposite sides to verify if its the bulb or ballast.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had this problem when I installed my lows....Nothing would come on...or just one side would come on and go off...I needed a relay harness to get them to work

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, got the fog light issue figured out, it was in fact a loose connection, guess I should have triple checked last night, lol. Anywho, got the highs in too and they are working now, only thing is, with the Mr Taillight kit the highs lows and fogs should all be on at the same time, but right now when I flip over to highs it is just the highs and fogs on. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ok, got the fog light issue figured out, it was in fact a loose connection, guess I should have triple checked last night, lol. Anywho, got the highs in too and they are working now, only thing is, with the Mr Taillight kit the highs lows and fogs should all be on at the same time, but right now when I flip over to highs it is just the highs and fogs on. Any ideas on that?
Thats odd. Do you have separate ballasts for each bulb or did you buy a high/low kit? If you disconnect the fogs do the lows come on?

·
Registered
118 Posts
the easyest way to do the high low mod is buy a pack of diods and jump the power from the high beam relay to the low beam relay. thats how i did my truck.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats odd. Do you have separate ballasts for each bulb or did you buy a high/low kit? If you disconnect the fogs do the lows come on?
separate ballasts for each bulb, so a total of 6 ballasts

the easyest way to do the high low mod is buy a pack of diods and jump the power from the high beam relay to the low beam relay. thats how i did my truck.
Well that is what the Mr Taillight kit does right? With my normal bulbs in they all come on but with the HIDs it doesn't want to work, or am I confusing 2 different things

Sidenote..... Did you guys ever get anything from EFILive on our trucks?

·
Registered
118 Posts
separate ballasts for each bulb, so a total of 6 ballasts

Well that is what the Mr Taillight kit does right? With my normal bulbs in they all come on but with the HIDs it doesn't want to work, or am I confusing 2 different things

Sidenote..... Did you guys ever get anything from EFILive on our trucks?
im not too familiar with the mr taillight kit.......i know it works with the a three pack of diods from radio shack (0.89 cents).....i did my buddies silverado to have all of his lights on at high beam mode

as far as efi tuning.....bugs should be worked out real soon

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
dang with all those HID's you must blind the hell outta everyone! I know I do with just mine! hehee I think the Xtreme headlamps cause it to have more glare as well since they have chromed backs...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got any pictures of what it all looks like? I would love to see HID's in the lows and fogs!!

I will try and go for a little cruise outside of town tomorrow night so I can get some good pics without the city lights interfering with them.

On a side note, after consulting with a friend who is let's just say an electrical guru, I may have isolated the issue with why I cannot get them to all (highs/lows/fogs) come on at the same time. Once I have time to tear into the front again I will see what I can do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts