Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy HID lows/fogs for my 05 colorado and im sure this question has been asked a million times but i cant find a good answer... Im also purchasing them from DDM website... this is what i think i need but not 100% sure please correct me if im wrong because i dont want to order the wrong stuff....
9006 lows with 35watt 6k bulbs
9005 fogs with 35watt 6k bulbs
4 wiring harnesses 2 for lows 2 for fogs ---- not sure about the harnesses maybe i only need 2
2 or 4 mounting brackets for 35 watt bulbs...
If im forgetting anything or should get anything else and suggestions would be great..
Thanks

·
DK Moulds
2,011 Posts
I purchased the writing harness when I gmused to have my 55w for my highs...was on a time line and read some needed it some didn't...ended up causing problems down the road ..

So my suggestion to you..forget the harness and the mounting plates.have 35w now and haven't had a problem without a harness
just my .02

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
There is no harness need if your only running the 35w kits.......been there and done that.

When I bumped up to the 55w kit for my low beams I got the harness for them.

You only need one harness per kit

·
Registered
521 Posts
My truck wouldn't run the 35w hids with no harness. Harnesses are cheap to buy from eBay, or if you are good with wiring you can build your own that will be better quality. The eBay Harnesses are fine though

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
BTW, where in Maine.

I'm originally from the Gorham area

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I'm running 55W HIDs on the low beams, high beams & fog lights and no problems with the stock harness. You only need a harness if you're using the 75W or 100W HID kits.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If I recall correctly with DDM you now have to specify where you want them to ship from... USA or China. Idk if there's a difference between the two kits

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so all i need to purchase is...
35w 9006 lows with 6k bulbs
35w 9005 fogs with 6k bulbs
no harnesses or mounting brackettsfor either ones??
also what do you guys like better 6k or 8k HIDs??
and 1BADI5 Rockland area about a hour and fifteen away from gorham

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
or should i just get 2 harnesses its like 20 bucks... does anyone run the xenon HIDs they seem to be pretty expensive but dont know if there any better??

·
Registered
280 Posts
For 35w you don't need harness. I've never used them normally. You can get them just to make sure though. Get 6k if you get 8k your losing lot of light. Actually I'd recommend 5k unless you want that tad bit of blue the 6k has. Just get DDM in my opinion xenonhids aren't really worth the extra. If you wanna spend on a kit that's better then get Morimoto Kit from retrofitsource

1 - 11 of 11 Posts