Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife ordered me the spec-d black halo projector lights with the led inserts, and i was wondering if/where to find a hid kit to replace the bulbs that came with them. The only issue im reallly having is the the retainers on the housing isnt the same as the factory retainers so im at a loss on what hid kit would work

·
Registered
352 Posts
Those spec-d headlights take an H1 bulb for both the high beam and the low beam.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wouldn't get a 55 watt kit . It would melt the housing for sure. Those aftermarket housings just aren't like the factory ones.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I have ran 55W in my spec-d for a long time now (2 years) and have had no meltdown problems at all. People really don't realize that HID's put out less head than Halogens.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The harness that H1 kit comes with will work. The SPEC-D headlights came with an adapter harness, You will be able to just use that in conjuction with the harness that comes with the H1 kit. Fairly simple, trust me.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
@colbyjohnson1994 where did you get your H1 kit for these lights? I'm looking to do the same upgrade (Spec-D + HID's)...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Awesome - thks! I think that's the route I'm taking. Appreciate the info!

·
Ride, Boldly, Ride
553 Posts
@colbyjohnson1994 Ordering my HIDs for my Spec-D's in the next few days. Did you get any of the extra options? (i.e. error eliminator, adaptor cables, mounting brackets, and/or HID harness) Read the description of each, and wasn't sure if some of them were necessary for the Colorado. Not trying to be cheap, but if some of those options aren't necessary, I'm not gonna order them just because.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
@colbyjohnson1994 Ordering my HIDs for my Spec-D's in the next few days. Did you get any of the extra options? (i.e. error eliminator, adaptor cables, mounting brackets, and/or HID harness) Read the description of each, and wasn't sure if some of them were necessary for the Colorado. Not trying to be cheap, but if some of those options aren't necessary, I'm not gonna order them just because.
Mounting brackets if you're lucky, but you don't need any of that. Do the high four mod and you are good to go!

The only thing that might be useful is the relay harness, but you can make your own WAY cheaper!

·
Ride, Boldly, Ride
553 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info brotha!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info brotha!
No problem! Post pics when you finish it all up!

...Hopefully yours don't take as long as mine did to show up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts