Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I installed a HID kit. Fogs and lows. 8000k. About every tenth car high beams me. Is this normal, or are mine a weird brand that's too bright?

And no, I don't remember the brand of the kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
This winter I installed a HID kit. Fogs and lows. 8000k. About every tenth car high beams me. Is this normal, or are mine a weird brand that's too bright?

do you have them adjusted correctly? Sometimes you just have people who don't like HIDs and high beam you. The same thing happens to me all the time

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 2004s came with the headlights aimed too high. You need to adjust them down and you will be fine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also do/did you have any weight in your bed for the winter? Basically is your truck sitting level or is the front end higher then the back? I put some weight in it during the winter to get better traction and people were flashing me because of my HID's being aimed a little higher. Took it out and have only been flashed once since.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
adjust them down, HIDs is stock non projector housings create a lot of glare for oncoming traffic

·
Registered
681 Posts

first off what watt ballasts are you running 35w or 55w/ etc.. another factor may be the angle in which your headlights are aimed. i have 55w 6k hids all around lows fogs and highs. i drive day and night with lows and fogs on and vary rarely get flashed, id say pull into your garage and readjust your lights on the wall first ... always does it for me. if it continues adn bothers you alot, swap bulb color or ignore it, maby dont drive with fogs on as well as lows, help out some. Another thing to consider is the color at which your bulbs put out, i found when i had my 35w with 6k bulbs it had a tint of blew which seemed to piss people off more for some reason and i was flashed alot more often.

hope this helps some, mod on my friend!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
In 2 years I've been flashed maybe 4 times.. I personally have the 35w kit for my lows but there are too many unknowns for us to give you a perfect answer.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I installed mine I turned down my headlights. Now where my problem is are with my fog lights. Despite cleaning the lens it still has a haze to it and as a result it cause a glare due to the hazy lens acting like a diffuser

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drive alot for work and see this often. I have HID's but in a proper projector retrofit. Every car I pass by that has HID bulbs in a reflector housing makes me want to pull them over and smash their headlights with a hammer so I can see where the hell I'm going. Do us all a favor and do it right.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I drive alot for work and see this often. I have HID's but in a proper projector retrofit. Every car I pass by that has HID bulbs in a reflector housing makes me want to pull them over and smash their headlights with a hammer so I can see where the hell I'm going. Do us all a favor and do it right.
Agreed!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I adjusted mine down because I have a 2004 as well. I haven't gotten flashed once. The only time I do is when I have my hid fogs or high beams on.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
makes me want to pull them over and smash their headlights with a hammer so I can see where the hell I'm going. Do us all a favor and do it right.
get over your self..

waaahhhhh

This is why I haven't installed hids yet I don't wanna be " that guy"
dont worry about it..

you could always put some tint on your headlights
wow.

look, we've all been driving for years, some of us 20 or 30+ years. someone is going to have bright lights at night. so what. look away, learn to drive, and get over it.

am i d*ck? no i just have common sense. do i cry about the sun being to bright when i drive home from work, no, i pull down the sunvisor, or i put on sunglasses for the time being, or i look off to the side and use my peripheral vision to see road.

it's not hard.

·
Registered
247 Posts
get over your self..

waaahhhhh

dont worry about it..

wow.

look, we've all been driving for years, some of us 20 or 30+ years. someone is going to have bright lights at night. so what. look away, learn to drive, and get over it.

am i d*ck? no i just have common sense. do i cry about the sun being to bright when i drive home from work, no, i pull down the sunvisor, or i put on sunglasses for the time being, or i look off to the side and use my peripheral vision to see road.

it's not hard.
lol, theres a reason they make projectors, just sayin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts