Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone heard or have actually had their housings melt b/c of HID'S? I have an 06 xtreme and i got pilot 6000k 9006 for the lows and pilot 3000k h11 for the fogs.

M

·
0 Posts
I know a lot of guys on here have them, and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having those kinds of problems.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 6000K hid's and Im pretty sure Hid's are supposed to run cooler than reguler head light bulbs. You shouldnt have a problem.

Is your kit a Pilot kit? How does the 6000K look? I got 3000K yellow for the fogs. Im pretty hyped i cant wait to install them!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok good. i was asking b/c the service manager where i work has an h2 and his HID's melting his fog lamps. sucks for him.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmmm.

As far as Colorados go, no. But, when I redid my TransAm from a '95 to an '02 (aesthetics) and replaced the front bumper/foglights, I bought a set of "Ultra Brite" something or others...they melted the entire housing surround after 5 mintues. :ugh2:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They're not that blue. The first picture isn't accurate. I'd say the second picture I posted is most accurate. It's a little difficult to capture the light color.

OIC. HAVE YOU GOTTEN PULLED OVE B/C THEY'RE "TOO BRIGHT". I GOT BUDDIES W/ THE DEEP BLUE HIDS AND THEY'VE GOTTEN STOPPED A COUPLE TIMES EACH.

BTW HOW DO YOU REP ON THIS FORUM?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
OIC. HAVE YOU GOTTEN PULLED OVE B/C THEY'RE "TOO BRIGHT". I GOT BUDDIES W/ THE DEEP BLUE HIDS AND THEY'VE GOTTEN STOPPED A COUPLE TIMES EACH.

Nope. Never been pulled over.

Just adjust them down a cunt hair and you'll be good to go.

To rep, you click on the little icon next to the green/red dot that shows if you're online or not.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts

I have the 8000k.. its the "hyper white/tine of blue" lights... havent been stopped once by the cops here in oregon/washington

can you try not to use caps? thanks ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts