Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question... if i was to get HID's would the fact that because my truck is an late model 06 and my day time running lamps are my headlights and that i turn them off once i drive during the day effect the wear and tear and eventually the lifetime on my lights??

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I They operate on lower voltage when the DRLs are on right?

A marker DRL conversion is probably in order.

i dont know if the voltage is lower... how do i check??
and where can i get a kit to do the conversion or can i do it myself?

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
There is a write up on here somewhere about how to change ur DRLs to the Signal lights. Once you do that you can run hids fine. Or you can just do it the easy way and pull the fuse for the DRL. Then you will just have to turn your lights on manually.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a write up on here somewhere about how to change ur DRLs to the Signal lights. Once you do that you can run hids fine. Or you can just do it the easy way and pull the fuse for the DRL. Then you will just have to turn your lights on manually.
so the lights wont turn on automatically at night?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
:mc: I like not having to hit the lights at night..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
look for that write up.. its somewhere in this forum. forgot where though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts