Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered the 9005 6000k hids for my truck for my lows, Im tight on money so i didnt buy a set for high beams or fogs. 2 questions, the first actually being a request, can i see some pics of trucks with 6000k, I want a white light not any blue, just pure white, like the acuras. Will i be dissapointed or happy with these? I went with the pilot kit by the way. Next question, my fogs are they going to look retarded since my lows will be so bright and clean?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You ordered a set before looking into coloring and quality? Not a good idea.

I've heard good and bad about pilot but my experience with them is only 1 kit but i'll tell you they are top notch and I havent had a single issue with em, where as others had nothing but shit from them.

You'll be happy with the lighting, i dont even use my fogs anymore since it just messes up the lighting from the HID's. If you want just save up and go full HID's otherwise your using your low beams 99% of the time anyways so whatever ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
will if u only use ur lows. don't worry about ur fogs.. but yes if u turn both of them on.. it does look dumb IMO.. i didn't like so i got my fogs replaced with HIDs.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i did look at color and quality through the picture they showed me and i picked what i liked and then intimidatr posted pics of his 8000k and they seem like the color i want so im confused now.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
the 8k is really nice. its still really bright.. u can't go wrong with either i think

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i recomment not doing anything above 8000k. mine are blueish hue as is..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
4300k is what i've got. Their a very bright white, and they don't look out of the ordinary besides their brightness.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Rudy (rrcn) has the 6000Ks

I have the 8000Ks, damn I love them lol

(in case any of you are wondering this picture was taking before the drop)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I have 8000k In my highs and lows... used to have them in the fogs but the ballast fell and i ripped the ballast off on my truck while driving.

Right now I am rolling with 8000k in the lows and highs with the stock yellow in the fogs. Doesnt look that bad. Its just a fog light anyways. After some time I will redo the fogs though...

here is what they look like with the fogs as HIDS..

and here is what it looked like as of 3 weeks ago at the Canada meet...

i think it looks fine until u can get money for the fogs...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah 22, the fogs actually kind of match the drls. I finally gave into getting these yesterday night after driving by a charger who had them and it looked soo sweet. anyway, this is going to be the last mod for awhile, im in the process of buying my first house so i think the mods are on hold for awhile :-\

1 - 13 of 13 Posts