Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made the histograms already for the new VCM scanner? Just downloaded it and was kind of let down I couldn't carry over my old config file.

If any of you have done it and could post the file for me I would appreciate it.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
old setup dont carry over to the new one?
havnt downloaded the new one yet
Nope, they changed format and I lost everything.

On top of that I can't find anything to set up the user defined PIDS like on the old scanner. I put up posts on their forum and emailed support. If I figure it out I'll post up.

Hold off on the new one until one of us figures it out.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
He's probably still using the old version. It works fine, just the new one is the issue.
No he upgraded to 3.0 yesterday when it came out. He sent me a video of him running a scan with the new interface.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you see the histograms covering the VE of each cam position? Everything else isn't a problem for me just the filters I had set for the multi-ve that my histograms referenced are the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Did you see the histograms covering the VE of each cam position? Everything else isn't a problem for me just the filters I had set for the multi-ve that my histograms referenced are the issue.
Um he had the histo, gauges, graphs, and stats showing all in the same window in a low resolution MMS video...couldn't really see any details. I'll text him and ask him if he was having in problems with the low-mid-high cam ve histos that he normally has set up.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I got the old histograms loaded into the new software but I am still having an issue with getting the filters set-up in the config so the Histograms can reference what they used to in my old config. I just don't see the options anywhere. It's not helping the matter that I haven't set any of this stuff up in 5 years either so my memory is a little fuzzy.

So basically I can't figure out a way to even start from scratch because that is the only way I know how to set-up the histograms. I have an email out to Bill who helped me set all this up in the first place, so hopefully he will be able to guide me. I will certainly post the final config and histograms when I get it sorted. Hopefully it is soon because my truck isn't running so hot lately and I need to get it sorted in case we get some more snow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
aight, im reading over the forums right now to get an idea. everyone over there is saying nothing got ported over. keith says that everything is easier to set up and lot more faster. ganna download it now and poke around on it and see

links for scanner

VCM Scanner Help

editor

VCM Editor Help

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!! - Page 12

#235.

of the guys there posted up the histos up to see if keith can get it fixed for the 3.0.

posting this as i read as i go.

That is me. I emailed Bill though because he was always the go to guy when I started tuning. Basically I got the histos loaded in but it dropped most the parameters I am rewriting them as we speak.

One issue like I said above that I am still trying to figure out is that my config has some extra user defined parameters added to it that I don't seem to be able to add into the config for some reason, although I did figure out how to add them into the scanner, I'm just not able to log them. My histos are done though and I will test them to see if it works without adding the user defined parameters.

·
Registered
229 Posts
ohh hahah, didnt read the usernames lol was burning through each comments on the thread

on a side note, just updated mine and poking through it.

hptuner guys never got back after you posted.. must of missed it while being drowned from everyone

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I think I have it all figured out, just have to make some tweaks and drive the truck to get the histo to fill out more. Just got a call that my moms house got broken into though so I have to go help the family out so it may have to wait until the weekend.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh shit man, sorry to hear!
Thanks, luckily they didn't get much. I think my stepdad came home in the middle because they left some cash and other things right in the open and there were slip marks like they fell in the front yard. Cops have been patrolling the neighborhood and area all night so they will probably find them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts