Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hahahaha I never thought I'd ever make a post in this part of the forum, but I think you'll all get a kick outa this. Well digging through my garage yesterday I came across an old THX 500watt sub woofer and 5.1 surround sound system I use to have on my computer until I got my new one. Well i took one look at the sub woofer and it gave me an idea. A roll of electrical tape, old wire and a few hours later. Tada... It's a THX Computer/Car Audio system, right now my wires are a way jumble just because i wanted to get it working, but I'll tidy them up later and also I'm gonna have to take a jigsaw to the sub woofer box or something because its knees to the dash with it behind the drivers seat. I think if I get rid of the jack thingy cover there I could jam it in there fine. Anywho... One good thing about it is that it turns my seat into a massage chair. :D 2 10's in the box I believe, or they might be 12's i dont even know. Oh and then I even manged to take two of the old speakers and wire them up too, the other one is on the other side of the sub. I tell ya, it sounds 2000 times better than with just my infinity speakers up front and also bumps pretty good. Looks like hell but sounds like heaven. :mav2: :mav2: I dare anyone to pick a wire in the photo and try and trace it.

ps. never leave me with electrical parts and too much free time.

pss. please dont make fun of me, I dont know a negative wire from a positive wire but i got it working goddamn it!

psss. did i mention i love regular cabs?

Cheers,
devon

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
thats ok...

a buddy of mine tool 2 6x9 sony speakers... put them in shoe boxes and duct taped them shut.... ran those for a year or so.. .lol

gotta do what you gotta do i guess?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats ok...

a buddy of mine tool 2 6x9 sony speakers... put them in shoe boxes and duct taped them shut.... ran those for a year or so.. .lol

gotta do what you gotta do i guess?

haha i dont think i'd stoop to that level but eh.

J/K man...whatever works for you. If it sounds good and no one can see it, oh well? :shrug:

and amen. outa sight outa mine. I think theres an unwritten rule somewhere..... if your has more than 8 inches ground clearance how the audio system looks is NOT a factor. I dont need glowy blue amps and custom fiberglass sub housings. the speakers themselfs are pretty high end, so eh. its all about the sound.

oh and i dont think fire will be a problem once i get all those wires neat. :D at least i hope not :D

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Haha.. mc is getting punked by the noobs :lmao:

Anyway.. just mount a fire extinguisher back there above it. That way when the thing bursts into flames, it will heat up the extinguisher and blow it up. That will put the flames out without you even having to do any work :lol:

Like you said earlier, outa site outa mind. Important thing is you got it to work.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
isnt that a klipsch speaker i see in the corner??? those are expensive ass speakers. ive got 4 of them playing right now. got them for $1 when my rents bought there old desktop but usually they are pretty damn expensive.

i feel ya with the reg cab cramming of speaker boxes. im actually finishing up building a new box for mine right now. i dont think i could even fit with that huge box like youve got it setup!! and imo...if it sounds good screw it ur not goin to a sound comp ur just jammin out while drivin.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
isnt that a klipsch speaker i see in the corner??? those are expensive ass speakers. ive got 4 of them playing right now. got them for $1 when my rents bought there old desktop but usually they are pretty damn expensive.

i feel ya with the reg cab cramming of speaker boxes. im actually finishing up building a new box for mine right now. i dont think i could even fit with that huge box like youve got it setup!! and imo...if it sounds good screw it ur not goin to a sound comp ur just jammin out while drivin.

yes they are klipsch speakers, i got two of them in the back helping even out the sound with the bass. they are pretty expensive, its all part of the 5.1 system i had.

and exactly, its all about the music.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Good job man, as long as it sounds good that is all that matters... When I was 16 I had a jeep wrangler, two floor speakers that were about 1.5 foot and a powered sub woofer for a computer... One day while digging through the garage I found a power inverter. Needless to say a few hours later I had a powered subwoofer and speakers that were just as good as any home theater system all bumping in my jeep

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
my jeep had 2 15s and rockford speakers all around. it was loud as all hell. then it got jacked haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts