Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
On my way to work today, I went to turn the temperature from cold to hot on my 2009 canyon. As it turns, I get resistance and then "pop". I'm pretty sure I broke something in there because I have no heat. I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, but can any one tell me how this switch works? Is there a cable that could have seized up and the switch broke the connection because of it? I plan on taking it apart after work but I wanted to be knowledgeable before I rip into it.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Like xscott said check those clips. I had one of the wires pop off on mine and had the same thing going on like your sayin.
Hope you can get it fixed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is what happened in my 09 Canyon also, but now it bent the cable some so there is always a little resistance then moving to hot until I get a new cable.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Also the gear that actuates the blend door sometimes comes off. You can see that from behind the glove box I think. You have to flip the door down all the way to see behind it. Look back, and to the left.
If you can't see it from there, you'll have to remove the stereo which is easy enough to do anyway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I got everything torn apart last night and realized the "brain" of my aftermarket head unit was tucked into the place where the cable attaches to. So it was stopping the arm from moving and then the cable popped out of the clips. Glad it was an easy fix but felt really stupid that it happened.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I got everything torn apart last night and realized the "brain" of my aftermarket head unit was tucked into the place where the cable attaches to. So it was stopping the arm from moving and then the cable popped out of the clips. Glad it was an easy fix but felt really stupid that it happened.
Only a dislodged clip? That doesn't sound like bad luck.
A broken cable, or sheered gears (which is common) would be bad luck -I would think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bad luck part is that the little brain box fell perfectly to get lodged in a place to disrupt the control movement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts