Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Huh...my audio shop that does work for many cars that end up seeing the SEMA show and plenty of cars/trucks for companies such as Street Scene says to keep the holes in the doors covered and to only cut out the speaker hole.

How come you cut yours out?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Huh...my audio shop that does work for many cars that end up seeing the SEMA show and plenty of cars/trucks for companies such as Street Scene says to keep the holes in the doors covered and to only cut out the speaker hole.

How come you cut yours out?
i have built about 100 demo vehicles for companies like pioneer kicker sony just to name a few.And many times i have had to go back unseal a door . i have tried it both ways and do not hear a difference. and if you ever have to get into that door for a window moto you are going to have to cut through the mess.

wow, very nice, how many hours of work is that?
it was 3 days work to to apply the deadener.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Wow that Titans got tons of room. Make sure he gets that rear door harness recall done so you don't smash up the wires to the door.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
wow thats crazy... lots of work

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh ive only done my rear cab wall and some of each door and that took a solid half day haha nice work. i wanna finish my doors and do the roof, pillars, etc.. but im prob gonna be cheap and skip out on doing the floor. how much of a difference did you notice doing the floor also? i kno it will help endless with road noise but audio wise can you tell the diff.?? thanks.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I remember when removing sound deadning material used to be a mod lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh ive only done my rear cab wall and some of each door and that took a solid half day haha nice work. i wanna finish my doors and do the roof, pillars, etc.. but im prob gonna be cheap and skip out on doing the floor. how much of a difference did you notice doing the floor also? i kno it will help endless with road noise but audio wise can you tell the diff.?? thanks.

well raod noise is alot of what you are tring to get rid of . So yes it helps alot . The least amount of floor noise the better.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
turbizzy: i take it you were into the old school trunk rattle. not gonna lie im a huge fan of rattling cars (yes im being serious, i was all about that in high school) but now im trying for a clean, tight bass and good sound

tech12: thats what i was thinking after i had wrote that. good point, im just too lazy sometimes, and deadening material can be realllly expensive. what kind of material do you use and how much is it? ive seen bulk packs on ebay go for like 50-60 bucks but thats still really expensive when ur talkin 2-3 packs of it to do a truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
turbizzy: i take it you were into the old school trunk rattle. not gonna lie im a huge fan of rattling cars (yes im being serious, i was all about that in high school) but now im trying for a clean, tight bass and good sound

tech12: thats what i was thinking after i had wrote that. good point, im just too lazy sometimes, and deadening material can be realllly expensive. what kind of material do you use and how much is it? ive seen bulk packs on ebay go for like 50-60 bucks but thats still really expensive when ur talkin 2-3 packs of it to do a truck.
i just became a hush mat dealer. But trust me you will not do a truck like the titan is doen above for under 300 dollars.Thats if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Damn. Another add on to the mod wishlist. Hush mat, I haven't heard much about it. How does it compare to dynamat? I have never installed sound deadening on any of my vehicles so I am new to it as far as research into quality / etc is concerned but I have taken a few rides in several vehicles that have dynamat installed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i just became a hush mat dealer. But trust me you will not do a truck like the titan is doen above for under 300 dollars.Thats if you do it yourself.
How do you like the Hush Mat? Have you ever used the RamMAAT stuff? I've got a roll of it waiting on my lazy butt to put it in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you like the Hush Mat? Have you ever used the RamMAAT stuff? I've got a roll of it waiting on my lazy butt to put it in.
i like the hushmatt. the fat mat used in the titan you do not want to use if it gets really hot where you live. This customer lives in the north where it never gets above 90 degrees.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
ive heard good reviews on the hushmat. tech12, how much would enough to do the floor, roof, and doors cost for the materials? ive got the rear cab wall done but thats it so far. (i drive a reg cab btw) thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts