Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
its totally a sick little truck. too bad we cant have one from the factory here. this guy is from the philipines.

H

·
0 Posts
definetly got rid of all the bugs in the area... I know it was a long time ago when this thread was started but.... I just bought my canyon last month and my buddy who"s worked at the dealership for 25 years tried to get me to wait because the 14 colorado"s will be offered with 4cyl diesels

·
I Vanquish Boredom
1,586 Posts
I'd sooner have a 4bt Cummins than the Isuzu diesel. WAY bigger aftermarket, and it's a way more overdesigned/overengineered engine. It's my plan actually if I can afford to make it work when my L52 kicks the bucket. Otherwise it'll be a 4.8L V8 most likely, though I would be tempted to build up a 3.7 for it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
4BT all the way!!!its a perfect fit for lifted guys and anyone that wants to run 35's or possibly bigger rubber.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the mercedes om617.. 3L 5cyl td found in their 300 series of the early 80's. much smoother than the cummins, half the weight and it'd actually fit under the hood. There's a company that makes adapter plates to mate it up to a few different trans, or use a 4 speed out of a 240d that'll bolt up. This is the way I've been dreaming of doing it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Seen this on one of my HUMMER forums and thought you guys my like this, someone on 4BTswaps.com is sticking a 4BT in a 06 HUMMER H3!!!!

2006 Hummer H3 Build Thread

·
Registered
421 Posts
Also he's doing an amazing job and is trying to stick with the stock power train and try and reuse as many as the stock parts!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thank you for wasting an hour of my life. Kidding, finally somebody is doing this
Lol I really want to meet this guy when he has it all done.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh lawd. that's sexy right there. He know what numbers he's putting out? I'm too lazy to read the whole thread right now.
Nothing major right now because he still has the 4LE60 but rebuilt with HD parts. He taped into the OEM harness and it's almost done!!!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
ya i have been on 4btswaps for some time so i pmed him yesterday inviting him over here to share his swap story and do talk about a diesels in newer trucks

41 - 60 of 92 Posts