Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backstory: my lady was driving my truck home, waiting to turn left at a red light, saw a drunk driver side swipe a group of cars behind her, so she tried to get out of the way... and apparently high-centered the truck on a median...what must’ve been a big median... she eventually got unstuck and made it home.

Checked it out but it’s dark and I’m no expert. It sure looks like the crossmember (if that’s the correct term) is what took the hit, and the whole thing appears to have bowed out and started cracking apart where it attaches to the frame... she may have barely made it home without the thing cracking all the way through.
Is my novice assessment correct? If so, has anyone repaired something like this? I figure the same thing has probably happened to somebody off-roading and hitting a big rock, heh. I can get better pictures in the daylight and hopefully get it into a shop soon, just figured I’d ask the nation too. I’m a little hesitant to drive it at this point. Thanks in advance to anyone with advice or experience to share.

-A

Hopefully my expertly edited photos come through okay ?
1782A6B9-6350-47A2-AF7B-620D54171977.jpeg
BB8D1B6B-FB12-4BBD-AB28-96E8A0C1B8FC.jpeg
72D2E6DD-2828-4C85-9E28-52CF62F9A0BA.jpeg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Get that joint cleaned and welded.. take it for a drive if it pulls more to one side then the other may want to bring it into a shop .. get the frame inspected. Im not an expert.. but id imagine that's the reason the crossmember is there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts