Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the headlights off I can scratch it off with my nails slowly but surely, but screw that, it would take hours. anyone know a better way? the tint is just to dark, can't see at night and need this to be off ASAP

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
the best way i know is spray some 70% water and 30% soap mix ont o the cover and use a heat gun to slowly scrape it off with a razor or credit card. I just got poped with a illegal tint today and thats what im going to do to get it off

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
You can wetsand your lights with 1500 or 2000 grit then hit it with some plastic x and buff em back to a shine.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Why would you put tint your headlights to begin with?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the headlights were like this when i bought it used. so it wasnt me that did it...i just want it off

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
or cover them with plastic "blackout" covers? :eek:wnedu:
Cuz they look damn good lol, and I can take them off in less then 30 seconds. :slap:

And usually if its the film tint it should just pull off but if they used actual tint its going to take alot of peeling and picking at it, you might want to try heating them up to loosen any adhesive then trying to peel or you might just wanta buy new lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeap I would buy new ones but you know it takes money to do that....which is something I dont have at the moment

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, is it or isn't it window tint film? If it's spray on, I'd use TurboEJ's suggestion, if it's film, Jinx's solution would be better.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Isn't it illegal to sell a vehicle in that condition. I'd go to the dealer looking for new headlights.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Either way I would be a little concerned about the condition of the light afterwards, i mean my scraping anything off you risk scratching the headlights and getting gunk all over it which is going to take some major cleaning. and reduced visibility. If i still had my set of extremes id give them to you but i sold them way back

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Just do what I said above and it will be fine. I ordered a set of lights off ebay and the expandable packing foam leaked onto them, so I sent them back and the same thing happened again so I said screw it and wet sanded then with some 1500 then 2000 then buffed em with the plastic x stuff from meguires.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just do what I said above and it will be fine. I ordered a set of lights off ebay and the expandable packing foam leaked onto them, so I sent them back and the same thing happened again so I said screw it and wet sanded then with some 1500 then 2000 then buffed em with the plastic x stuff from meguires.

Yes this will work.Had to sand my 3rd brake light,did it this way and bam good as new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts