Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that the monsoon season is here and I've had many chances to cross some pretty ugly "rivers" over the weekend, what are your thoughts?

This is going on infront of my girlfriends work right now.. Now this is a hugeass "river", I would say it has to be at least 6 inches deep. And for the slow ones, it's really a street.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
take it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I can, my only worry is that the cops close down streets when they get that bad, and if you get caught going around their barriers = huge fines.

There is a road by my house that goes through a river instead of an overpass since it is usually dry, but this weekend it was running enough to close it down. I almost drove around the barrier and did it anyways but the mud still looked pretty nasty soo...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
what the hell is fording..

and holy crap thats some fucking floods there huh we don't get that in NJ.. well where i live.. we just get toxic air.. steam pipes blowing up.. water main breaks.. nothing like that

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what the hell is fording..

and holy crap thats some fucking floods there huh we don't get that in NJ.. well where i live.. we just get toxic air.. steam pipes blowing up.. water main breaks.. nothing like that
Fording = maneuvering a vehicle through flowing water. Made popular by cowboys in wagons in the 1800s.

Figures you NE'rs wouldn't know about it :kiki:

JK though. And that is nothing, last year one of the rivers that goes through town flooded over the banks and a shit ton of people in low areas had to evacuate. Not to mention idiots getting stuck in their cars everywhere, which is the reason the cops close off roads when they flood now.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
o damn.. thats some crazy shit...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
the sensors in our front hubs are prone to fucking up. $800 to play sucks. they replaced mine under warranty, but i just about had to beg....just about. i wouldnt do it. but if you had a ramp and a video camera.....id call you a bitch for not doing it yet.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Don't fuck anything up.... shits to expensive to replace on these trucks IMO.

BUT I know I have completly submerged my front brakes (very shortly) back when the hurricanes come through fl and I didn't have any issues. Also... i've almost stalled my truck backing out of a driveway that had a swaile full of water so just keep on that throttle bud ;)

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
HOw do you feel about fording?
I'm a Chevy man, myself...

J/K. If you think you can make it, go for it. Just be prepared to pay for you actions if somthing goes wrong (stuck, ticket, etc..). And if you get stuck, you can always get SI to pull you out. I hear he is getting a wench and bullbar soon... :kiki:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:lol:

No ramps involved,
#1 I'm too much of a pussy to get air in the truck. Except when I was flying down a dirt road in Rocky Point at 70mph :eek:
#2 I would have had to gone up the road, as in against the current. :lun:

Anyways the flood had subsided by the time I got there. Oh well :shrug:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
6" is nothin...

go find some 2' places!
That's what she said. :mc3:

I wouldn't worry about making it through 6", unless the water is moving really fast.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
its not a lowered truck.. do it or Ima make fun of you :kiki:

Id do it in mine!!

make sure your filter area is all buttoned up and you HAVE an airfilter (some folks dont)

and dooooooooooo it!!

def take a video homes

1 - 20 of 29 Posts