Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
'04 3.5 4x4 z85 230,000 miles, no major repairs and still running strong! No codes! No leaks! Great truck! I do have to add a quart of oil between oil changes, I use full synthetic and change oil about every 5,000 to 7,000 miles. Very impressed with this goofy little 5 cylinder motor!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2005 cc z85 369k no major repairs other than the head being replaced under warranty at 89k. Synthetic oil every 5k no oil between changes. Best vehicle I have ever owned. I also own a 16 4x4 colorado duramax with 105k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
256k on a 2008 LT.

Bought used with 141k 5 years ago. Oil and filter when light tells me to. Full synthetic w/ quality filter. Burn a couple quarts between changes. 1 and 3 cylinders are low in compression, but the other 3 make up for it. Just got a tune for this rig and the bitch runs kickass. I'd drive it anywhere!

No major repairs. Rear main seal, water pump, couple sensors is all in 5 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only 69thousand on mine. It's an 04 crewcab. Reading this is really promising. Bought the truck from my parents. Always loved the truck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
2005 Colorado i5. I have 67K on it (don't drive much anymore). Been using synthetic oil since I got her in 2012 - Mobile 1 at first and now Valvoline. Doesn't use a drop of oil. Never had any engine issues except for the common rattle on start-up. Love this truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to know, I bought an 05 last year, with 100k on it. Seems to run good. I did change the oil to full synthetic oil & a wix filter. 20208477283x640.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
04 z71 with 191k on it. Fuel trims are a bit off, and it rattles on startup. I suspect it needs a new cat. Also, she does burn oil. I have a head sitting here that I need to send out for a valve job. Just haven't gotten around to it quite yet.I did have to have the entire cooling system redone last year. Water pump/thermostat were both bad. Radiator supposedly had a small leak, but I've not seen any evidence of that, and it's still holding coolant just fine.

My last tank of gas, I averaged 19.7 MPG.

·
Registered
238 Posts
110,000 miles 2005 Z85 3.5 L. Head rebuild at 95k intake cam and several rockers at the same time, other wise just normal maintenance, dio oil at 5 to 6 k good oil filters. Since the head job I developed a cam speed tick at full temp, at idle and 6 exhaust lifters replace but that did not solve it. Replaced Cam solenoid, and both O2 sensors as maintenance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any common issues on this motor I have an 04 and heard there was an issue but they later resolved it on the 3.7?

·
Registered
139 Posts
2005 I5, ordered new, 260,000 miles and I put everyone of 'em on it. No major problems. Change oil and filter when "Oil Life" comes on with High Mile Mobil 1 Syn. 5w30 and AC PF61 filter. Replaced water pump and radiator at 200,000 miles and still rollin'.
Recently had oil pressure switch go bad, watched You Tube video of some bozo talkin' chit saying removal of RF Tire and fender well liner required to change it. BS. Looked under the hood, over the oil filter, there it was, removed with a small crescent, replaced, easy peasey. Can't rely on some people, need to look for yourself.
Great motor for general gettin' around, sure you could rough it up and tear it to hell if you wanted to, I prefer to take reasonable care of it and just ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
217,000 and just parked my 2004 Z71 4x2 to put it to pasture. Transmission when out around 90k and has been fine since. Truck has a knock now and no power and I’m not a mechanic so moving on.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Have a 2008 Ext Cab I-5 Z71 4x2, 244K miles. Purchased new & still loving it. No major problems. Had to replace transmission at 242K. Change the oil every 3-4K. Plan to keep.

Had a 1990 S-10 V6 for 18 years and 430K. I try to take care of things I have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 2008 3.7 in August 2019 with 71,500 miles. Now its at 83,400 and no issues. Had a check engine light here for a week but could have been shitty 85 octane tanks of gas when I passed through Wyoming a couple weeks ago. Never skipped a beat. does rattle on startup tho, but I guess thats normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Crew Cab I5 3.5L with 184K no major problems... Does not burn any oil..... just switched to Mobil 1 full syn with Wix filter.
Last time I checked 17.5 city 18.8 hwy

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts