Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
Blue15ColoradoLT

Project Description
How to run wires through the fire wall

Skill Level
Easy

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2015
Engine: V6
Power windows: Yes
Sun Roof: No

Tools Needed
wires
knife with a 3" blade

Project Time
60 - 90 seconds

Project Cost
nothing

This is just a simple "how to", just to show people where to run wires from the engine bay through the fire wall.

1) In the engine bay, on the firewall, between the engine and the brake fluid reservoir is the grommet where you want to cut into:

2) Using your knife, just slice straight through, all the way into the cabin area, and then just run the wire(s) through your slit:

3) The wire(s) will come into the cabin through the fire wall between the gas and brake pedal:

4) You can then run the wire wherever you need to for whatever accessories you are wiring up.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Just an opinion, maybe circle the grommet on the engine side of the firewall in the pic, it's kind of hard to tell, but I'm guessing it's the grommet in the center that looks like it has an A/C going into it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about the side of the truck? Found a way through the foam padding along the side. Of course downside is it goes over the door seal.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally had time to work on the truck, but removed to power wire for my HAM radio. Antenna coming in tomorrow so I hopefully I can install it this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally did the rewire job. Easy as said. Question: Should I get some silicone sealant to put over the cut?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Went this route to run my wiring for my fog/driving lights... Ran the wire loom so it just touches the rubber.... Looks like GM done it !!!
Thanks for the info Matt !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts