Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
When I found out that flares had been discontinued, I decided to try to find a set. After a couple of cancelled orders, I emailed Customer Service at gmpartseast to see if they had any in stock, before I got disappointed again. They didn't have any, but they did do a nationwide search for me and provide links to two Dealers that had them. Maybe they would provide that service for someone looking for an insulator. I'm not sure, but I think any Dealer can do that, if they desire.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
This is what I got from GM partseast.com :Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

·
252,000+ Miles
1,317 Posts
I placed the order again with Nally.

This time, they kept the order (didn't just cancel it) but want an additional $100.05 to ship it as it's "oversized". Um, your website told me $30 shipping so that's what I paid you, how about NO?

Dumbest part is that I'm getting a new front bumper and fascia shipped as well as a curt hitch receiver and all those totaled up don't need $130.05 shipping.

WTF nally auto, WTF.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I installed one of these a month or two ago and can't say I notice much of a difference. I was expecting more noise reduction. The upside is that it keeps the snow from melting and turning into ice on the hood. If you haven't done it already I would save the money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine finally got into the dealer. The way he made it sound I may have got the last one.
Even if it doesn't cut down on sound a lot I think the look alone will be worth it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
yeah when i ordered mine the had to put out a spat case which means they're not discontinued but they're not making them at the moment.. so they'll be discontinued soon! Get it while you can!

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
yeah when i ordered mine the had to put out a spat case which means they're not discontinued but they're not making them at the moment.. so they'll be discontinued soon! Get it while you can!
Did you mean SPAC (Service Parts Assistance Center)? That's a pretty good Dealer. A lot of them are lazy and would just tell the customer that the part wasn't available. Supposedly SPAC can find available parts anywhere in this country and Canada.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Did you mean SPAC (Service Parts Assistance Center)? That's a pretty good Dealer. A lot of them are lazy and would just tell the customer that the part wasn't available. Supposedly SPAC can find available parts anywhere in this country and Canada.

Yes that's what I ment. I work at the dealership, just not in parts! Haha! They told me they put out a SPAC case and I had one in 2 days from Texas!

Sent from crappy AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just got an update on my order status. Seems like a go at a great price.

Order Status Details Order Date: 3/31/15 11:14 AM

insulator retainer SS 2010-13
7 $1.33 $0.00 $9.31

OEM Catalog
INSULATOR 1 $61.23 $0.00 $61.23

Sub Total $70.54
Tax $0.00
UPS Ground - Shipping $14.00
Handling Fee $0.00

Total $84.54

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'm gonna wait to see if you guys actually receive these...

I have a feeling you're gonna get E-mails stating they can't ship them for the quoted price...

It'd be awesome if I'm wrong though... And in that case I'll be ordering ASAP.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have a 'status sent' and
'Supplier Comments:
04/04/15 9:25 AM - ORDER IS SHIPPING DIRECT FROM THE GM WAREHOUSE TO YOU. THANK YOU'

Just waiting on tracking number.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm gonna wait to see if you guys actually receive these...

I have a feeling you're gonna get E-mails stating they can't ship them for the quoted price...

It'd be awesome if I'm wrong though... And in that case I'll be ordering ASAP.
I understand your concern same here prior to ordering so I called them and questioned the $90 surcharge for oversize and over weight items. She stated to me that it does that with all items being ordered online and it will not be charged without confirming my approval. So far they have charged what we have agreed. I just checked my order status and it has been in route already in the UPS truck or plane and it will arrive on Thursday. :th_woot:

21 - 40 of 64 Posts