Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I disconnected the wiring and took the front axle actuator out. The plunger is retracted. Then I plugged the wires back into the actuator and pushed the 4WD button, nothing happened with the actuator. I want to test it to see if the actuator is at fault, or if the problem lies with it not getting signal or power. The connector has green, black, black/white and reddish-orange leads. Which are the power blades in the connector on the module that I could connect directly to 12 volt to see it it's working? Which are the female connectors at the ends of the colored wires that go to the module that I could connect a test light to and see it power is getting to the module got power to it when the button is pushed?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not having any replies, I went by a wiring diagram I found. It shows the Bk/Wh lead at the front axle actuator to be power from the switch at the transfer case and the Bk lead to be ground. When I pushed the 4Hi button I got no voltage at the Bk/Wh lead connector that the front axle actuator is connected to. When I connected 12v. to the corresponding pins on the actuator, actuator removed from the vehicle, I got no movement of the plunger in the actuator. After reassembly, when the 4Hi button on the dash is pushed, it just keeps on blinking, never going into 4Hi, but upon command, will go back to 2WD. When the 4Lo button is pushed, the light on it blinks for a pretty short time, then without command, the 4Lo button goes dark, and 2Hi button lights up again. I sure must be missing something in my diagnosis!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts