Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Ron Lopes
1,514 Posts
Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
xronx

Project Name
How To: Do a Security Relearn

Project Description
Preforming a Relearn on your Security System on your own.

Skill Level
Easy

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2005
Engine: 3.5L
Power windows: yes
Sun Roof: No

Tools Needed
Your Keys

Project Time
1 hour or less

Project Cost
Effort

1. Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to crank the vehicle.

2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.

3. Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)

4. Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11 minutes. Security light will turn off after this.

5. When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to remain in the OFF position for no less than 30 seconds.

6. Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.

· Registered
3 Posts
does this also work when changing the ignition.. was reading up on the repair manual it says it will not turn on unless, i take it to a dealer to reprogram the bcm..is this what the dealer does for that? thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
This worked great thanks for saving me great money, now I was bragging to my mother in law about this awesome site and told her the problem and she told me her cavalier had the same problem, she went from mechanic to mechanic until one told her it was the cluster, she said "he told me it was that thing where the numbers are, you know the miles and the gas and speed..." seems to be that they replaced the cluster and it never had the problem again, has anyone else heard this before or experienced a fix after swapping the cluster??

Thanks for the great write up you saved me from calling a locksmith or the dealer.

· Registered
151 Posts
so im trying to reset my security cause i installed a new pcm but my security light does not flash or go away after 11 mins. It just stays solid. My battery is good cause i had it checked and iv tried these instructions multiple times

· Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Here's the Passlock relearn from a How-To on here:

Let us know if it works, can't say I've read about a Passlock light problem after it was removed via tune.

Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
xronx

Project Name
How To: Do a Security Relearn

Project Description
Preforming a Relearn on your Security System on your own.

Skill Level
Easy

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2005
Engine: 3.5L
Power windows: yes
Sun Roof: No

Tools Needed
Your Keys

Project Time
1 hour or less

Project Cost
Effort

1. Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to
crank the vehicle.
2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.
3. Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)
4. Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11
minutes. Security light will turn off after this.
5. When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to
remain in the OFF position for no less than 30 seconds.
6. Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.