Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
194K views 500 replies 225 participants last post by  ZeeAteFive 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

This will be the easiest mod you ever do for nothing! ( update, 11/22/11 this mod is still working with out a problem!)

Hid safe! its actually better for them!

..........If you have factory fogs they will not work without doing the fog lamp relay mod to keep them all on........

I know there are other ways of doing this mod internally but this works just the same.

1. Pull your dimmer (Beam Select) Relay

2. On the bottom of the relay ther are five prongs with numbers. You want to take the two prongs numbered 30 and 87a. Cut a jumper wire and solder the jumper to each prong. Then cover with electrical tape.

3. Put the relay back in back in and turn on your high beams.

Before:

After:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
negative. No effect on electrical system. Our lights are on 2 different systems. This just provides a common ground.

#6 ·
do it now. Takes about 2 minutes. Much happy :)

#23 ·
The fog light mod is on another relay. It's much more complicated and required 12v+ input. I had it in mine for a very short time and didn't feel it was safe. I can't find the info on it any longer though.

#22 ·
WOW!!! i was literally about to go do the whole mr.taillight kit thing and then read this....

i just installed HIDs and was wondering if there was an easier way to do this haha...NICE!

#29 ·
ive got 5000k HIDs in the lows and silverstar bulbs in the highs and i think they look pretty decent. i was out testing them on pitch black back roads and they lit the road up really well

#38 ·
ok. I was just out having a smoke and decided to do this quick. Ran into a problem, turned my lights on and the high beams came on with out the high beam switch on. Turned the high beams on and the lows went out.

Are you suppose to connect 30 and 87 or 87A? I connected 30 and 87 and thats what it did. Thought that low/ high were suppose to stay on with high beam on, not the low?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.