Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You've waited, now here it is, my exclusive E brake mod write-up. whoever did that is a dick. lol

Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
greg larkins

Project Name
How-to: Emergency Brake cable re-routing

Project Description
Rerouting the Emergency Brake Cables for a cleaner look

Skill Level
Beginner

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2007
Engine: 2.9L
Power windows: Y
Sun Roof: N

Tools Needed
Vice Grips, Zip Ties, 10mm Wrench, drill, nut driver, self tapping screws

Project Time
~30 mintues

Project Cost
<$5

Here We Go...

Step 1, after securing the vehicle and lifting it off the ground, use the vice-grips and clamp down on e brake line where it is square shaped under the driver door before it T's off. Using your 10mm wrench, untighten the line. the two lines that T off here remove simply by slacking the line enough to where the cables can be pulled free of their housing. the two Tee'd lines can now be pulled out the back end of their housing.

Step 2, Find the best route for the lines and test for proper fit. the lines can bee a bit long, but can't be too short to reach back to the block where they Tee'd off of. here is how i ran each side.

Passenger side

Body mount is rear cab mount on driver side

body mount is rear cab mount on driver side

Driver side

The driver side is pretty self explanatory. after you pre-run your lines, secure line with zip ties, and cable clamps. i only had to use cable clamps to hold the line above the exhaust, the rest of it was zip tied.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
is there anyway you can post the pics IN the post instead of with links?

and the pics are HUUUGE in the links..

:shrug:

might help some people..

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
yeah but its gonna slow most peoples down and a lot will have to scroll to see the pics :shrug:

nice write up tho!! :high5:

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Is this to get rid of the ugly e-brake dropping down and crossing over the frame? Any finished pics of the drive-ride frame rail E-brake routing? Also pics are so..big! I wish my screen was better! It's hard for me to get an overall "picture".

I'm definitely Doing this when I swap My V8 back in, give it a nice clean look!

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
I had my truck up an rack about a week ago and looked it over. its pretty straight forward once you get down there.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I was going to take a look at doing this over the weekend, but I can not see any of the pictures on this thread. Anyone have any pictures of how the cables are rerouted or anything to help with this project?

·
Registered
83 Posts
anyone have updated pics of this?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts