Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont think it would be too hard to tap into the signal wire and run it to this light but the trick would be to find a socket that would allow a clean swap....when i did this mod awhile back it was pretty tight on space. Not to mention room for the relays so the bcm dont start acting up (if it would require these)

·
Registered
151 Posts
You mod'd this for into sequential turn signals?? If so I'd love to see the how-to!
No I only flipped mine. It would be relatively easy to do but I know from doing a set of m3 mirrors on my s10 the system wiring didn't like it much. It made my corners flash out of sequence. I imagine it had to do with the bcm. I didn't know much about this stuff back then and thought 12v was 12v. You almost have to be an electrician or have a degree in engineering to be able to understand these trucks. Otherwise its trial and error. Only thing ud need is delayed relays of like .5 seconds for the outside bulbs. I'm assuming your talking about turns like the newer mustangs have? I only have 2 bulbs in my 3rd light and 2 cargo. If it was all red I'd think about maybe making an led board and moddind the housing for it to fit. That's even more work. I'd rather have a line of fire under the tailgate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 67 of 67 Posts