Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start, I smoke cigarettes once in a while but never never never in my truck cause of the smell. Well recently my friend decided to smoke in my truck while he was waiting for me to get something at the store and it smells pretty bad. I was pretty peeved and it doesn't smell insanely bad, but you can tell someone smoked in the car. Other than spraying a shat ton of Fabreeze, anyone know anything else to help get the smell out? Will the smell ever leave? Should I clean the air conditioner in the truck? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Leaving all the doors and windows open while the sun is shining into the car will make a huge difference. Placing a large bowl of baking soda inside the car will also help to draw the smell out.

·
Camo Princess
6,198 Posts
Get some ozium. I think that's how it is spelled. They have in by the air fresheners at Walmart. Follow instructions and it should take out the smell that's what i use.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ozium? Ok I'll look into that, never heard of it. I'll probably get those baking soda's you put in your fridge under the seat might help as well.

·
Camo Princess
6,198 Posts
Yeah its in a white aresol can.smells like baby powder but it works. Gets the smell of gas oil and exhaust out. And it will take your breath away. I learned that the hard way. Spayed it before rolling down windows or getting out of the truck. Ill usually spray it after I've cracked the windows a little and no smell when i get in later.

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
If it's just a one time smoking session, it'l eventually work itself out. Smoking over time is what causes the scent to stick around.

Kick your friends ass, and make him buy you some febreeze. Just spray it a few times and keep your windows down for a few days and you'll never notice it was there.

·
Registered
613 Posts
aero® Total Release Air Freshener - 8 oz., Smoke Out Details

works wonders. I use it when needed for my detailing company. Its like fumigating a house; roll up all windows, push down on the button and to the left and it locks the aerosol can in an "on" position. Set it down, shut the door, and let it empty itself. The fog permeates all the fabrics and stuff to capture the odor and diffuse it. After like 30 minutes, open the windows and let it air out for a couple hours. They make these with different fragrances and stuff, just pick out what ya want.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The smell is already not that bad anymore, just still a hint of smell after baking soda with the windows down. Ionizer seems pricey, hell if I'm gonna buy that I would get a few more smokes in my truck for that price. LOL. Do you know if they sell Aero at stores or do I need to order it?

·
Registered
613 Posts
The smell is already not that bad anymore, just still a hint of smell after baking soda with the windows down. Ionizer seems pricey, hell if I'm gonna buy that I would get a few more smokes in my truck for that price. LOL. Do you know if they sell Aero at stores or do I need to order it?
Any detailer supply shop in town will carry it. What city do you live in? I'll look it up for ya if you want. Vacuum headliner too, this especially helps when someone smokes in it a lot

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ionizers can be rented for a few bucks or you can use mine if you are in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Cut up a couple of apples and leave in there for a week or so. Then put a couple of dryer sheets under the seat. It'll surprise you on how well it works! :thumbup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Cut up a couple of apples and leave in there for a week or so. Then put a couple of dryer sheets under the seat. It'll surprise you on how well it works! :thumbup:
Yeah, what Xseler said works. If someone smoked in your car once, it will go away pretty fast on it's own. Dryer sheets and apples smell great. Or McDonald's fries left in a bag. All depends on the smell you want.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Don't like the smell, still smokes. Does not compute.
:lmao:

Here this alot.

Just pull a cheech and chong in it :lol:

No seriously most things you use will only mask the smell. Baking soda works great. The problem is and I know it was only once but that shit gets in places you would not think of. Like ac/heater vents. Very hard to get rid of.

First thing I would do is kick someones ass.

Ah dont have a second seems to be covered.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts