Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I used baking soda and a shit load of Fabreeze and it's pretty much gone. I don't mind the smell of smoke, I just don't like having my truck smell like shit for others who don't smoke. Thanks for all the info, the smell is basically gone.

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
Buy a large bag of charcoal. Then split it into two smaller brown paper bags and placed one in the front and one in the back. After a few days the charcoal will absorb the odor of the cigarette smoke.

Assuming that you've removed the source of the smell from everything.. (no small task), this should work. Every square inch of the interior needs to be cleaned to remove cigarette smoke residues... That includes even pulling the vents and cleaning deep into the HVAC system, extracting the headliner, seats, floors, etc. 8888If any smoke residue remains the next hot day, or when you run the HVAC system the scent will return.

An Ozone generator is really effective too. What is an Ozone Generator, and what can it do?

Have you ever noticed that fresh smell after a thunderstorm on a hot summer day? Well that smell is Ozone, mother nature's way of breaking down and eliminating odors.
An Ozone Generator eliminates odors at the source. It is also an effective way to eliminate mold and mildew in one or more shock treatments. Detail shops charge around $50 for an ozone treatment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
keep a can of ozium in your glove box. As a cigarette and cigar smoker I can honestly say that stuff is amazing. just spray it for a second or so and shut the doors. When you come back your truck will smell very clean

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Smoke be gone Wal mart Home Depot spray can in the auto section of Wal-Mart I use it in my condos when I clean after the renter moves out !!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts