The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.
A 355nation How To presented by
How-to get rid of the squeak in the blower motor
Getting rid of the squeak in the blower motor
Power windows: yes
Sun Roof: No
Philips and Flat head screw driver
Some type of grease, I used di-electric or you can use 3-in-1 Oil sparingly.
1 hour or two
I spent 4 bucks on the grease
- First locate the blower motor, its right up under the glove box. Then remove the three bolts from the fan mount. Not the Philips head
screws, there are three of the bolts.
- Then unplug the two cables that run the fan.
- Now remove the two Philips head screws and take off the plastic fan mount.
- That will reveal the plastic motor cover. There are two more screws to remove and three tabs that hold it down, use the flat head to pry
them apart and remove this cap too.
- This is what you will see, this is the top to the motor itself. Remove the two nuts from the metal cap to access the guts of the motor.
- Now take out the bushings and the bushing mounts,
DON'T LOOSE THE SPRINGS THAT HOLD THE BUSHINGS IN!!!
- Now, to get to the motor shaft that holds the fan on, grab the fan and pull it off the shaft. Your going to have to pull pretty hard the get
the fan blades to come off the motor shaft.
- This is the part of the motor shaft that the fan goes on. The blades just slide right onto the part. Now grease the hell out of both ends of
the shaft where they rub on metal.
- After you have greased the motor shaft at both ends, where they sit in the holes, put it all back together in the reverse order.
Just go slow and make sure everything is back in the way it came out. Plug it all back in and listen to the silence!!!!
Have any issues or more questions let me know and ill get you the answers.