Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
what are the GM part numbers for the grill(s)?
12335794 Paint to Match with Black Mesh W/T
12335790 Paint to Match with Chrome LS/LT Trim
17801098 Silver (59U) with Chrome Mesh
17801100 Black (41U) with Chrome Mesh
17801102 White (50U) with Chrome Mesh
17801029 All Chrome with Chrome Mesh
GM1200524 All Chrome with Black Mesh

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just ordered 89045535 GRILLE RETAINER from NewGMparts.com. I had to take the grill off to replace a headlight bulb and broke 3 of them. Got some from NAPA that looked the same but they didn't work, slightly different. My question is this, is it better to put the clips in the grill or the holes in the body first? I ordered 8 but want it to work first time.

·
Lifetime Member
535 Posts
I put the plastic clips in the grille first then they just snap into the holes.
I also had good luck putting a dab of lithium grease on the metal ones.
makes them come out a lot easier next time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Iarado, I will do that, and put the grease on the metal clips. I had it on and off so many times trying to get the NAPA clips to work I started bending the holes in the body and the plastic on one of the bottom clips broke so I'll have to glue it in place with some JB Weld.Also on the passenger side the top light with the blinker is loose where it is close to the fender. I'll have to see why that is. Waitng for the new clips before I take the grill off again. By the way your Coly looks like my old White 05 ZQ8. A tourist rearended me and totaled it. Now have an 07 4wd

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
I put the plastic clips in the grille first then they just snap into the holes.
I also had good luck putting a dab of lithium grease on the metal ones.
makes them come out a lot easier next time.
Definitely agree with that! After breaking a couple of the plastic retainers, I realized that the clips have to be installed in the grille first. It is too difficult to align the parts if you don't. I lube the metal clips on everything.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts