Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
rshadd

Project Name
How To make your own foam cannon

Project Description
How To Make a Foam Cannon

Skill Level
Easy

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2005
Engine: 3.5L
Power windows: No
Sun Roof: No

Tools Needed
  • Line Wrenches (for the brass)

Parts Needed
  • MTM Hydro Long-Range Detergent Foamer Attachment (Part # 14.0263) $42.99
  • Pressure Washer Plated Steel Nipple — 3/8in. Male Inlet, 4000 PSI (313106) $5.98 (you need two)
  • Brass Pressure Washer Quick Coupler — 3/8in. Inlet Size, 4000 PSI (313108) $6.99
  • Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Gun — 4000 PSI, 8 GPM (Part #2227) $14.99
  • Pressure Washer Nipple — 1/4in. Fitting, 4000 PSI (2296) $2.99
  • Thread Sealant (Loctite 545) $1.75 for 0.5. (Teflon® tape works too, and is alot easier to find)

Project Time
1 hour or less

Project Cost
$80

What is a foam cannon?
Cover your truck in a goobs of thick foam quickly with a Foam Cannon! A foam cannon (or lance) works with a pressure washer to produce a thick, clinging foam.

The benefit of using a foam lance to deliver the soap to the vehicle is that it doesn't require you to touch the vehicle, which could rub dirt against the paint. The Foam Cannon sprays the vehicle with a thick coat of soap to loosen and lubricate dirt. On dusty or lightly dirty vehicles, you may not even need to hand-wash. The Foam Cannon HP minimizes the amount of hands-on contact with the vehicle, which can minimize wash-induced swirls. Plus, a Foam Cannon is a just plain fun!

Do I need one?
Heck no.

Do I want one?
Of course you do.

These go for around $120 on most automotive detail sites but you can make you own easily with a little bit of effort.

Here's a video of the foam lance in action... Put's out goobs of thick foam. This thing makes a foam gun look like a joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXxhsKYXYZc

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Very nice.
I have a cheap little plastic one, but your version is "ferocious", it reminds me of airport firefighting equipment.

·
Premium Member
3,522 Posts
That's pretty cool. I have a foamer that came with my pressure washer. Never really used it on the truck. Also do you wash you truck in the garage or was that just for testing.

·
Do you smell that?
807 Posts
Jeff washes his truck in the garage like a boss!
Your truck looked clean already lol
I think he said he built the gagarge with a slight grade to drain out the water. Its pretty cool
Great write up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts