Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
VinC-Superman

Project Name:
PS2 Slim Installed in Glovebox

Project Description
Adding a PS2 slim into your glovebox

Skill Level
Easy-Moderate

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2008
Engine: 2.8L
Transmission: Auto
Power windows: Yes
Sun Roof: No

Tools Needed
7mm" Socket and Ratchet
PS2 Slim
Jigsaw / Dremel
Power Inverter - 175watts minimum
Fuse (if inverter doesn't have 1)
Switch (to turn off inverter easily)

Project Time:
2 hours or less

Project Cost:
PS2 Slim: $50-$100
Power Inverter: $40 for 175Watts
Switch: $1.50 or less
Fuse: $3.oo or less

Step1: Remove glovebox from vehicle
-3 screws at bottom of glovebox

Step2: Remove top section of glovebox
-5 screws (3 screws at edge and 1 on each side [marked by x])

Step3: Position PS2 where you want and mark off a area 2" long to cut off for wires and 1" wide (see pic)

Step4: Velcro or double-side tape the PS2 onto the lid of the glovebox and reinstall lid onto box

Step5: Plug up wires into ps2 (as pic) and install glovebox into vehicle. put 1 round thing inside the box and 1 outside... (if u can fit both inside, do that)

Step6: Run the wires around the metal for clearance (pic)

Step7: Install your Power Inverter by either plugging in the cig. lighter or running it to a power and ground source.

Step8: If you ran it straight to the battery and have a fuse, cut the power wire and heat shrink the fuse to the power wire.

Step9: For a switch, do same thing as step7, except with a switch

Step10: Hide the Power Inverter somewhere hidden and out of way

Step11: Run the A/V wires into the radio and the power plug to your Power Inverter

Step12: Power everything up and see your handy work. Enjoy

·
Its too hot in Texas!
6,472 Posts
Re: How to: Install a PS2 in Glovebox

pics are kind of blurry but still nice how to!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: How to: Install a PS2 in Glovebox

yeah, my flash was bright at points... and my inverter i fit ontop of the plastic piece under the steering wheel :)... thing is, u gotta position it where u can still adjust steering wheel height (preferably put the long side to parallel with the front of the truck)

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
no not really i dont think i would ever put a game system in my truck or any vehicle... i dont even play the one that i own, i played it a total of probably 10 times.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
^^its just a wow factor man. its cool. just like why we put v8s in our truck when chevy wanted our trucks to be gas sippers I4 & I5s. because its cool,lol

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Wow dug this up from a year and a half ago.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
LOl yes putting a PS2 in a truck is just like putting a V8 in it lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts