Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nope. Just take the 2 10mm bolts to unbolt the condenser from the radiator. Then I used a screw driver to help it out of the holder on the bottom. Just pop the condenser out and it'll sit there while you swap radiators.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Is the H3 3.7 radiator also a 2 core 13qt set up?

Where I have a 5 speed now I was looking at going with the H3 MA5 radiator

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't have a clue

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Is the H3 3.7 radiator also a 2 core 13qt set up?

Where I have a 5 speed now I was looking at going with the H3 MA5 radiator
I.ve wondered this two Jeremy, and some how I think that it is? Let me know if you find out?

I don't want to change it unless my 04 rad pops... can you believe it still has the stock GM 04 rad?? no upper right or upper left leak? Its also been in and out of the truck Twice..

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hmm... For some reason I thought there was alot more to this swap than that...

Guess I'm gonna have to do this now also.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Anyone from VA that's done this willing to help me install mine, an efan, and a thermostat spacer.

@Kpooch, I've not done the rad swap, but I have the SFAN4500 and only live an hour away. Going to Orlando this weekend, you in a hurry?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome that would be nice. I'm not in a huge hurry, just want to get it done before Thanksgiving. I'm free whenever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to bring up this old thread. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. Anyways my 2006 i5 4WD Crew Cab Colorado is leaking from the radiator. I would like to put in the V8 radiator as on the Highway in SoCal it has always run hotter than I would like which is at the 3rd large line on the gauge which I believe corresponds with 220 if I am guessing right when comparing it to the typical GM temp gauge that actually has numbers. Anyways 220°F at highways speeds without towing anything it too high in my opinion, and won't be cured with an electric fan. I would hate to find out what would have happened if I was towing something... I plan to use it to tow horses one day.

Ok so my question is do I really need a V8 shroud or will the i5 Shroud fit. What mods would be needed to the i5 shroud? Since its leaking I want everything prepared as I will need to fix this quick.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Sorry to bring up this old thread. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. Anyways my 2006 i5 4WD Crew Cab Colorado is leaking from the radiator. I would like to put in the V8 radiator as on the Highway in SoCal it has always run hotter than I would like which is at the 3rd large line on the gauge which I believe corresponds with 220 if I am guessing right when comparing it to the typical GM temp gauge that actually has numbers. Anyways 220°F at highways speeds without towing anything it too high in my opinion, and won't be cured with an electric fan. I would hate to find out what would have happened if I was towing something... I plan to use it to tow horses one day.

Ok so my question is do I really need a V8 Shroud or will the V6 Shroud fit. What mods would be needed to the V6 shroud? Since its leaking I want everything prepared as I will need to fix this quick.

Thanks

V6??? Do you mean inline 5?
2004-2012 never came with a 6 cyl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes sorry, the i5. Does the i5 radiator shround fit the mechanical fan when you install the V8 radiator?

Left is a 3.7 I5 radiator, right is a 5.3 V8. just 5" wider overall and slightly thicker. It will probably require some modification but I would say should work.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts