Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation (CCP) presented by
xtreme07

Project Name
How To: Install Belltech Steet Performance Shocks

Project Description
Aftermarket Replacement of the rear leaf spring shock.

Skill Level
Moderate

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2007
Engine: 3.7L
Power windows: Yes
Sun Roof: No

Tool Needed
10mm socket
21mm socket
extensions
ratchet

Project Time
1 hour

Project Cost
$59 per each Stylin' Trucks Truck Accessories -- pickup truck, SUV, and custom truck accessories

Start off by parking the truck on level ground and jack up one side of the truck and put a jack stand under it.

There are 3 bolts to take off the old shock. the two on top are 10mm and you will need a very big extension to reach these. The big one on the bottom is a 21mm.

Unbolt the stock shock and put the new shock in.

You will need to bolt up the 2 top bolts first then the bottom one. you will have to remove the jackstand and slowly let the truck down to bolt up the bottom. the shock is about 2 inches shorter than stock..

Continues steps on the other side.

Installed

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How-To: Install Belltech Street Performance Shocks

ill have a how-to on the coilovers soon too. keep a look out.. :355:

·
Registered
466 Posts

why even bother jacking the truck up at all? still good info tho

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

Nice :)
I need some drop shocks sooner or later. They look much better anyhow!!!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

why even bother jacking the truck up at all? still good info tho
i cant get under it if i dont.. haha

thanks for the compliments everyone:salute:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

Those are nice. Are those the adjustable dampening ones? I like how they're shorter but doesn't make a difference on mine since i got blocks so stock sized ones are ok too.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Those are nice. Are those the adjustable dampening ones? I like how they're shorter but doesn't make a difference on mine since i got blocks so stock sized ones are ok too.
no dampening adjustment. my pockets arent deep enough lol

·
Registered
9,094 Posts

I like how they're shorter but doesn't make a difference on mine since i got blocks so stock sized ones are ok too.
So would these be a nice way to go to get a stiffer ride in the rear, or could you go with a cheaper drop shock that's not as short, like the Nitro Shocks since you don't necessarily need a shorter shock in the rear?

And what do you think about the new ride quality Xtreme?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

So would these be a nice way to go to get a stiffer ride in the rear, or could you go with a cheaper drop shock that's not as short, like the Nitro Shocks since you don't necessarily need a shorter shock in the rear?

And what do you think about the new ride quality Xtreme?
Drop shocks wont do much for you unless you're running drop leafs.

They will stiffen up the ride though.

Although the ones with dampening adjustment can if you're riding really low.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts

That's all I'm looking for here, a stiffer ride. If I can achieve that with the cheaper Nitro Shocks as opposed to these more expensive ones, then I'll go that route for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

Josh, if all you want is a stiffer rear then yea go with a stiffer rear shock. Im still runnin my stockers and i know they're crap but i don't have any money right now to get some better ones. But DB has the DJM ones and says they're really stiff. I helped him install them and compared to stock holy crap are they stiff. Im sure the belltech nitros are the same. Otherwise any S10 rear shock will work too.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts

So basically flip a coin between Toxics and Nitro's? hahaha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts