Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
You can order the updated GM popper here:
GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

GM PART # 20912532
CATEGORY: SPRING. Fuel Door & Body Side. Fuel Tank Filler Door.
DESCRIPTION: SPRING
SPRING,F/TNK FIL DR(FOR VEH BUILT ON & AFTER 6/28/2010)(1ST DES SEE 25880365). Required: 01
For: DM,DN(2ND DES) (2011-2011) (2011 - 2011).
For: DR(2ND DES) (2011-2011) (2011 - 2011).
GM LIST: MSRP $13.86
OUR PRICE: $8.90

They 're just as cheap at the local chevy dealer, by the time you figure in shipping.

The fuel door rubber bumpers are part number: 15283098 They're about $3 for a pack of 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice write up. Would like to do this to my truck. Was wondering can you by the gas door like that or you have to make the existing one that way?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
:popc:

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
ok so i need some advice on this i got a door and put it on to test fit and it sits way to forward towards the tailgate can someone suggest on how to make it fit better ???
I had the door mounted them slightly opened the door and pushed it in the direction I wanted it to center.thus bending the arm on the door slightly.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
just an update to this old thread

GM Part # 25880365 has changed to
GM Part # 20912532

I paid $19.80 with shipping:thumbup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
im bring this back from the dead! My fuel door popped when i went to fill up yesterday.

I'm stuck with getting the grommet off, I'm terrified to break the neck by pushing it down to the left it feels like it needs a ton of force to move. Can someone just confirm if it needs a lot of force to move out of the way?

the screws were so hard to get off due to rust, my gut feeling is ill need a new door so i might look to buy one of these popper doors.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Are you trying to get the plastic scupper loose so that you can get the door out? If so, don't forget the plastic retainer at the bottom. That has to be removed also. If just the spring on the door is broken, that can be purchased separately. Part number is 15521575.
Dealer price is $7.35.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are you trying to get the plastic scupper loose so that you can get the door out? If so, don't forget the plastic retainer at the bottom. That has to be removed also. If just the spring on the door is broken, that can be purchased separately. Part number is 15521575.
Dealer price is $7.35.
Yes I undid all the screws and removed the retainer clip. Once it was loose I could not drop it or pull it to the side. I was trying to push the neck where you fill the gas downwards and was unable to. I gave up and put 5 magnets around the edges until I have more time to mess with it lol.

I’m just curious on how much force it take to push the neck down. Or can the plastic around just slide down to give me the space to pull the door out?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I feel like an idiot I just went out and it moves easily once you undo all 4 bolts holding it in place what happened was 2 on the top have a little metal bracket holding it in place I needed to soak it with wd40 and use a flat head screw driver to move it due to all the rust.

It’s bad news I need a new door the metal rotted away where the spring holds tension. I saw a guy online cut a bolt and weld it across so spring has a place to get tension too again. I’m definitely ordering a spring on rock auto and I might go to the auto wreckers tomorrow just to see what shape there doors are in. I’m hoping to find the same colour if not a black one would be oaky so I don’t have to paint it.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts