Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation (CCP) presented by
codered

Project Name
How To: Install Street Scene Cal-Vu Mirrors

Project Description
This is a basic install for the Street Scene Mirrors this does contain install for the electric mirrors since thats what I had but no turn signal or heated mirror info.

Skill Level
Easy

Project Vehicle
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Colorado
Year: 2004
Engine: 3.5L
Power windows: Yes
Sun Roof: No

Tool Needed
Screwdriver
10 mm Socket

Project Time
Less than 1 hour

Project Cost
Less than $100

Step 1.) Install base of mirror to mirror housing with the 3 10mm nuts provided.

Step 2.) Pop off mirror cover plate by hand or with a flat head screw driver.

Step 3.) Unbolt the 3 10 mm bolts from the mirror and unplug mirror if it is setup for that.

Step 4.) Pull mirror off and remove factory rubber gasket.

Step 5.) Reinstall gasket on new mirror.

Step 6.) Attach mirror with 3 more 10 mm nuts and replace mirror cover plate.

Finished:

Before:

X

·
0 Posts
Re: How To Install: SS Mirrors

that gap is caused by the pin that is supposed to line up the mirror but doesnt fit in the whole.. all you have to do is break off that plastic pin and it will sit flush...

oh and codered, plz tell me you rode around with one stock mirror and one ss mirror :lmao:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Re: How-To: Install SS Mirrors

Yeah this is a stupid easy mod that makes such a differance. It take some getting use to driving with them though, less mirror.

·
Registered
374 Posts

yea it was a lil wierd at first, its even more wierd when u put the dumbo ears back on to have the ss ones painted:true:

·
Registered
277 Posts

Sorry guy's I have a crew cab and backing is hard enough with the mirrors we have, but I know a lot of you have taken the back seats out. I can see it on a single cab though looks good.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

That is an awesome "How to". I want those mirrors. Good job!

·
Nation Advocate
751 Posts

Nice write up but I'm not a huge fan of em wish they had something just a little bigger. I like to drive fast and a small mirror would make it rough, weaving through traffic...

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
I'm glad I decided to look on here before asking questions. I never reused the gasket from the OEM mirrors on my SS ones. My question was going to be, how do I stop the rush of air from coming in while I drive lol, or how are ya'll insulating them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
never seen this in person... do they have the "break away" like the stock mirrors so idiots walking past dont break em

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
thanks for the write up man, I just did mine this morning!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I just picked up a set of these but they are manual. I'm debating on weather or not i should use them or sell them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts