Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado 2WD. My
turn signals are acting weird. The signals or sound are not coming on inside the cab nor are the rear blinkers outside working. The front blinkers work but are flashing quicker than normal. I have read that I need to check the BCM module for the turn signal relay. I am correct or does this sound like another issue? If so, how do I locate the BCM? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed my aftermarket trailer lights adapter and no luck. I have also replaced all the bulbs and checked the fuses. Do you know where the turn signal relay is located? I haven’t checked that yet.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
There is no t/s flasher.
The BCM performs that role.
The BCM is mounted in the cab, under the passenger-side 'kick-panel' at the floor under the dash.
Just pull the kick-panel and you will see the BCM mounted there.

I'm not where I can be much help at the moment...
if you'll allow me, I'll look at the schematics in the morning (assuming you're here in the US) and see if it suggests anything that might cause the symptoms you described.

Possibles:
a) the BCM could be bad (not likely, there have been almost no reports of failed BCMs since I've been a member here, about 12 years)
b) the turn-signal control stalk
c) the wiring from the BCM to the T/S lamps.

Given that your front flashers do work but flash faster than normal, and your rear flashers do not work, that suggests a problem with the wiring to the tail-lamps.
If the wiring to the rears were damaged somehow, that would be perceived by the BCM as a bad bulb in the rear, and like all vehicles the T/S system is designed so it tells you of a failed bulb by flashing the other bulb (the front if the rear is burned-out) faster than normal.

You need to know if the wiring to the rears has possibly been damaged.
You checked the rear bulbs, yeah?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2019 Colorado LT and I had to change a left rear turn signal bulb with the same one (not LED) and after a few months I got a message on my dash saying Left rear turn signal failure. So, I went and bought the same bulbs as before and now every time I use that signal same message pops up. Now here is the funny part i do have high and low beam LED's and i had no problems with hyper flashing at all. Once the left rear turn signal went out again and replaced with a regular bulb again i now have hyper flashing just on the driver side only. I did go out and buy some LED turn signals to see what that would do, and it caused both sides to hyper flash. So, I removed them and put the old bulbs back in and it went back to the way it was with just the driver side having the problem now.

Any ideas please let me know what you think. i am going to take out the driver side high and low beam LEDs to see what that will fix the issues that i have been having.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts