Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeah when i lower my truck maybe i'd just be better off without the damn valance lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
another method-

step 1. find a poorly maintained dirt road.
step 2. drive 25 mph down said road (4wd optional)
step 3. turn around to leave and run over removed valence.
step 4. not notice your "mod" for two weeks.
step 5. go down same road and retrieve your now easy to store 2 piece valence.

:lol:
haha yea mine got ripped off my canyon when i was playin on my quad track in the back yard

·
Registered
246 Posts
question if your cutting off the topp half of the lil lip spoiler anyway, could you save time and just leave the bottom peice on and cut it off as one peice instead of taking the bottom off then cuttin off the top...?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, good write-up. I wonder if this thing has a function, and if so, what? One thing occurred...maybe it's a feeler guage for your approach angle to an obstacle (as opposed to a battering ram, which is doesn't seem all that great for). Like you could pull up to an embankment. If it bottoms out at the bottom of the valance, no go. No touch, approach angle is okay. Anyone tried that? If it's really useless, it's got to go and now I know how!

·
Registered
17 Posts
the way I removed mine was alot quicker!
I just drove into a snow-bank and backed out of it.. and it was layin' on the ground. ;p

·
Registered
10 Posts
First of all Hi everybody !
I'm new here and this is my first post . I drive an 06 Canyon crew cab 4x4 and live northwest of Chicago so i hit a snow drift the other day after our blizzard here ( well , i probably hit dozens of them but that's not the point :| ) a couple of days later i noticed that spolier under the bumper cover and the piece it mounts to on the bumper cover was 1/2 gone . I told a friend of mine " screw it ! i'm just cutting the rest off flush with the bumper cover and smothing out the edge underneath with my dremel . " So last night i found this site and this post and i felt so much better about my idea and the whole thing seeing that it's evidently a common thing to happen .....anyways ,I bought my truck new in Feb. of 07 and still love the truck and hope to find more good ideas here on the site . :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
First of all Hi everybody !
I'm new here and this is my first post . I drive an 06 Canyon crew cab 4x4 and live northwest of Chicago so i hit a snow drift the other day after our blizzard here ( well , i probably hit dozens of them but that's not the point :| ) a couple of days later i noticed that spolier under the bumper cover and the piece it mounts to on the bumper cover was 1/2 gone . I told a friend of mine " screw it ! i'm just cutting the rest off flush with the bumper cover and smothing out the edge underneath with my dremel . " So last night i found this site and this post and i felt so much better about my idea and the whole thing seeing that it's evidently a common thing to happen .....anyways ,I bought my truck new in Feb. of 07 and still love the truck and hope to find more good ideas here on the site . :)
Welcome, go here and post next New Member Introductions - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
fuck it, mine torn off the first day i took her offroad, I just left it there. lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
hahah when i lowered my truck all you guys wanted me to get a new lip lol

i broke my old one off when i was doing donuts in my friends yard then hit his drainage ditch

·
Registered
120 Posts
i was about to ask the easiest way to pull this bugger off until i saw this thread...mine is broken off on one end from preious owner...im guessing from some sort of small mammal...gonna rip it off tomorrow

·
Registered
304 Posts
question if your cutting off the topp half of the lil lip spoiler anyway, could you save time and just leave the bottom peice on and cut it off as one peice instead of taking the bottom off then cuttin off the top...?
I just took mine off today... Havent got a chance to cut the bottom lip, but it seemed like it would be more difficult to leave the bottom piece on and cut it off as one piece. There are a lot of clips that hold it in (id say like 8) and you'd be cutting into each one of those clips as you pass... taking it off allows you to get to that bottom section easier

21 - 40 of 48 Posts