Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually did read all 6 pages of this thread before responding and I was still confused so I appreciate your reply. The picture of the parts on Amazon were so different that it made me question what to buy. Thank you for the info, this site is very helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
The basic idea if the Thread is to provide information to replace a defective Canister Vent Solenoid Valve with a part that works, but is significantly less expensive than the OEM part. A lot of confusion exists due to the fact that since this Thread was first posted, GM discontinued the valves 214-2147 that had "oval" shaped connectors. The newer valves have "square" shaped connectors and require a separate jumper harness to properly connect the valve with the OEM harness on most 355s. The 214-2149 has the "oval" shaped connector. With model year 2010 or 2011, GM changed to the "square" shaped connectors as OEM.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
According to the information in Posts #21 & 22 the hose id is 5/8". I didn't see where the length was posted, but 2 feet should be long enough.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
5/8 heater hose and 2 worm clamps. Not sure on the length maybe 14-16 inches Or just reuse the factory nylon hose if still good. .

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm sure this old thread but incase anyone else has the problem. I ordered the vent solenoid from amazon for 20.00 free ship. Reused the hose by cutting nipple off old solenoid with Dremel wheel and crushing remaining plastic nipple in hose with channel locks. It takes some pressure to get hose on new vent solenoid but it will go. Had to get pigtail connectorfrom amazon as well bc my truck is 2005 and solenoid was for hummer. So all in all I was out $36 instead of the $150ish. Cleared code with reader and have not seen check engine light or fuel cap message since. Good luck if any questions let me know

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep that is the one you will need and yes you will need the pig tail. But look at your connector on the old one is it a square plug or like a oval looking B. If that connector is square you'll need the jumper

Let me look my part number up I just ordered it last week and I'll re post before you order

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good deal. I had 3 codes on my truck 2 for evap and 1 for my o2 sensor. I figured I'd eat on o2 but when I installed the solenoid and reset codes no codes came back not even o2 and I've put about 500 miles on it so far. You can choose to replace hose with 5/8 heater hose and a hose clamp or cut the nipple from old part just behind the hose with a Dremel tool or hack saw if you don't have dremel. And use a pair of channel locks to crush the remaining plastic inside hose. It takes some force to get the hose back on new one but it can be done. There are 2 lines hooked in to the canister the biggest is a bitch to remove and get back on. If you have any questions let me know. DON'T SMOKE WHILE DOING IT THO THERE ARE FUME VAPORS good luck

·
Nation Affiliate
926 Posts
I started diagnosing because of inspection in 3 weeks. Figured this was the most likely cause pulled it off and saw the cracks and was like replace this and go from there. Seems really easy install. I took the canaster and valve out and have them sitting in the bed until I get the part. I don't use my truck much baught in 05 and only have 83k on it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
I started diagnosing because of inspection in 3 weeks. Figured this was the most likely cause pulled it off and saw the cracks and was like replace this and go from there. Seems really easy install. I took the canaster and valve out and have them sitting in the bed until I get the part. I don't use my truck much baught in 05 and only have 83k on it

Nice. I just bought my 05 about 2 months ago. So far I love the truck I had a Dodge ram with a very loud exhaust so switching to i5 is taking some getting use to..it's nice to hear my radio now and the thing has plenty of pick up an go. Figgured for 4,000 and 135k miles I couldn't pass it up 4 door 4x4 loaded I travel 45 miles 1 way 3x a week for electrical school so the dodge got 8 miles a gallon. Huge improvement lol

·
Nation Affiliate
926 Posts
Well allninstalled and drove a few times. No check engine light.
Evap still says not ready on code reader. Gonna drive more this weekend.
Now to get exhaust fixed or replaced and get it inspected

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good deal man. My light still has to come on. I have put the code reader on it 3 times since install but nothing comes up so maybe you need to check the front evap solenoid as well apparently there is one under hood for the evap system as well

121 - 140 of 174 Posts