Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
The GM harness for trucks year 2004 thru 2010 have an oval male plug end. It was changed over to a square male plug end starting in 2011 . Therefore when using #20907779 or #214-2324 all 04-10 trucks will need to be retro fitted by using the adapter #19257603 -- 2011 and 2012 do not need an adapter for #20907779 or # 214-2324 .

Trucks year 04 - 10 can use #214-2149 . It does NOT need the adapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone with po446 replace vent solenoid and have that clear the code? I’ve got an 06 canyon wt 2.8 throwing the code— already replaced gas cap..truck was sitting and only has 17k now..ordered $16 amazon ac delco part and cable and plan on doing it today...
24 hour update: Replaced vent solenoid yday and pending code came back 70 miles later..assume light will be on next drive cycle..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great photo's and perfect How to. I still have the gas cap warning come up on the dash display from time to time and a strong smell of gas vapor for the 1st half of the tank after filling. Anyone experience that? Maybe my connections for the new wiring are loose????

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
There may be a leak at the fuel pump, either the line connects or the pump mounting. If you only get the smell when the tank is near full it would more likely be at the pump itself. You have an Extended Cab so you should be able to see the top of the pump through the wheel well. Your truck also has an external fuel filter forward of the tank that could also be a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome!! I well check that today. I have had something replaced in the engine compartment when I bought the truck. It had a leak...but I can't remember what it was but I will look at a parts breakdown and find out what it was (about 5 yrs ago). The smell is strongest near the back of the cab right by the gas filling door. I will let u know what i find out and once more I appreciate your time! Later

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life. I recently found this when searching Amazon for the canister solenoid. OEM ACDelco Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid 214-2324 25932569 + 19257603 Adapter $19.95 with free shipping. This is for both the canister solenoid and the adapter harness.
The cost in the previous post is wrong for the two items being $19.99, it is $49.99. In fact if you buy the two items separately the cost is less, $37.39.
It appears that Amazon currently doesn't offer the items as a pair. The link that I had provided in my previous post was what I had purchased at that time. :shrug:

·
Registered
109 Posts
My '04 isn't showing any codes, but it sure does the "puke gas all over you thing" on fill-up. Do you still think it might be the same old solenoid problem as discussed here. Someplace I seem to recall someone mentioning a plugged vent filter. Could that be the problem? Where's the that filter?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you got your truck used and you get a P0455, check to see if previous owner has already bought the adapter. I bought everything from RockAuto and then crawled under mine. Oops, it had been changed / adapted already.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think I have the numbers correct, but for an '04, if you get evap valve 214-2324 then you'll need wiring adapter 19257603 as well, but if you get evaporations valve 214-2149 then no adapter is needed. Sorry for mixing GM & AC Delco part numbers. Please confirm before ordering as I'm taking info off old notes that aren't as clear to me now as when I wrote them

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
I think I have the numbers correct, but if you get evap valve 214-2324 then you'll need wiring adapter 19257603 as well, but if you get evaporations valve 214-2149 then no adapter is needed. Sorry for mixing GM & AC Delco part numbers. Please confirm before ordering as I'n taking info off old notes that aren't as clear to me now as when I wrote them
For a 2005 model, that info is correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There appears to be a disconnect with the gas burp and the codes that are thrown. I originally set out to fix the gas burping problem. I would fill up fine with the pump handle locked in place but the gas pump doesn't shut off when the tank is filled and spills all over. I replaced the solenoid and tried to blow out some lines (which didn't fix the gas burp). About a month later I tripped a P0446 code. I replaced the fuel sensor thinking maybe this was the cause of the fuel burp. Still no luck, but the replacement did fix the code. Does anyone know what this part does in the pic I posted? I feel like as gas fills and fuel vapors need somewhere to go, it would have something to do with this mystery part. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I see you're in GA. You say about a month later. Now you have warm weather. Not so much a month ago. From your message it's not clear me if your problem has cleared up this spring or not. With mine, when the weather finally warms up here in northern Iowa, my problem will probably go away as it has the past two springs. But it will be back when winter is back again. 'splain that one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see you're in GA. You say about a month later. Now you have warm weather. Not so much a month ago. From your message it's not clear me if your problem has cleared up this spring or not. With mine, when the weather finally warms up here in northern Iowa, my problem will probably go away as it has the past two springs. But it will be back when winter is back again. 'splain that one!
No this has been ongoing for quite some time. Haven't noticed any relation to weather even when I lived in Maryland.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't usually like government solving problems for us but sometimes I guess they have to. There should be a way we could get the EPA in on this problem. Just think of all the raw gasoline we're evaporating into the atmosphere. Then there's OHHA. Think of the tremendous possibility of fires rom the spilling gasoline

161 - 174 of 174 Posts