Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you attempt this tutorial, you should go thru this one to make sure you understand the basic steps required.

Step 1:

• Start with a blank photoshop document, ctrl + N.

Step 2-5:

• Open the file that you wish to use as your photograph's watermark. In this case, I've chosed a 355Nation logo.
  • Open your photograph.
  • Drag the watermark image into the photograph's window.
  • Position the watermark image approximately where you would like it to show up on the photograph.

Step 6:

• Go to the watermark's layer and adjust the master opacity to around 25%. The master opacity level is located on the Layers Tab Box, directly above "Fill" in your layers window. After you've located and adjusted the master opacity of your watermark, hit enter.

Step 7:

• Click on your watermark layer once, and use transform (ctrl + T) to scale your new watermark to the dimensions you would like. Hold shift while dragging the transform handles to lock the proportions of the watermark. Once you have it to the correct scale, press enter.

Step 8:

• You can now edit the Layer Style of your watermark and give it a drop shadow, color, or any other styling techniques you wish to use.

As always, I hope you find this tutorial useful, please feel free to comment below. :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hmm nice. i need to dl the new photoshop..

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
great write-up!!! I expect everyone to do this when they post their pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ehh

I probably shoudl do borders and watermarking on mine

I have photoshop and I know how to do the things I'm just lazy lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, what I'd really recommend is using this and creating a template...maybe save a watermark file as a psd (photoshop) document in a 800x600 or 1200x900 size (whatever you normally post piks as) and just drag your piks in there. Much easier and less time consuming. :shrug:

But, thanks for the compliments guys. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts