Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i posted a question on hp tuners forum and got an answer but i would like to know from some guys who have done it
my truck is Canyon with 5.3 liter k&n air cleaner and dual exhaust.
thinking of getting a tune and would like to know if it will increase my gas milage some. not looking to set the world on fire or anything just a little increase and still keep its reliability.
i will not be doing it my self as i will have a shop do it.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
yes you can tune to get better gas mileage

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
NP. You're in the NJ area which is close to Supermod. He can do tunes better then anyone out there. You ought to hit him up and see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats who i was thinking of ...there are also a few others in jersey pa long island area.
im familure with tunes and tuners i had a 2005 harley with a 120 cubic inch fuel injected 150 hp 150 tq motor and that bike rocked. i could probey do it myself but i dont have the time and/or patience i used to have in learning another system.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
fuck everyone else just go with James (supermod) Noone knows these trucks better then he does. Plus hes a bad ass guy. He's sort of the Chuck Norris of 355nation

·
Registered
172 Posts
fuck everyone else just go with James (supermod) Noone knows these trucks better then he does. Plus hes a bad ass guy. He's sort of the Chuck Norris of 355nation
Supermod dosent drive, the earth moves under his tires in fear of a burnout :bestest:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Supermod dosent drive, the earth moves under his tires in fear of a burnout :bestest:
These 2 crack me up:D

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hey Supermod

Im looking to get a tune whenever you have some free time. I have a 2006 that I bought used at 80,000 miles and ive never been happy with the gas mileage. Im right in Linden NJ so let me know whats good for you and hopefully we can meet up sometime soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Probably better off shooting him a text. He replies quick.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Probably better off shooting him a text. He replies quick.
Really? I am still waiting for him to answer a text I sent him nearly a month ago. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I tried texting and a pm, but didn't pursue any further because my window of opportunity had closed. I was looking to get a PTB and a remote tune but needed to know if it could be done in a certain timeframe. I travel most weeks and it would need to be coordinated for a week that I would be home. (For example, I am in Ft Lauderdale right now, will be in Irvine, CA next week and Norcross, GA the week after. Yes, I get around a lot.)

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
I tried texting and a pm, but didn't pursue any further because my window of opportunity had closed. I was looking to get a PTB and a remote tune but needed to know if it could be done in a certain timeframe. I travel most weeks and it would need to be coordinated for a week that I would be home. (For example, I am in Ft Lauderdale right now, will be in Irvine, CA next week and Norcross, GA the week after. Yes, I get around a lot.)

If your ever in GA, you can contact http://www.355nation.net/forum/members/4146-georgiaboy.html . He's part of my remote HPT tuning network and we can get you tuned ASAP!
I can also ship the PTB there so you can do both at the same time.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Hmmm....I looked at my calendar wrong, I am tentatively scheduled to be in Norcross the week after, on April 29th & 30th. Can this be done in an evening? I will be teaching a HVAC service class from 8:30 to 4:30 on those dates.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
The tuning is really simple. It only takes him about 2 hours to do a driving tune and thats his tune time plus us going and testing the tune to see what you like about it. James just retuned mine since I lowered this week and its night and day difference. Let me and him know if you're interested :salute:

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Thanks! My schedule is still tentative at this point, I will let you know as soon as it is firmed up. How far are you from Norcross?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts