Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread is for people with the program doing tunes for customers only. PLEASE... don't crap in the thread.

Ok guys tuned echo today (06 3.5l Colorado) and everything went great, only problem is now his aftermarket alarm is NOT functioning at all. Any ideas or experience with this issue? I didn't touch the security settings or anything having to do with that. Thanks for the help in advance :355: i've already posted up on hptuners forum so hopefully help comes from the pros soon :)

Z

·
0 Posts
Thread is for people with the program doing tunes for customers only. PLEASE... don't crap in the thread.

Ok guys tuned echo today (06 3.5l Colorado) and everything went great, only problem is now his aftermarket alarm is NOT functioning at all. Any ideas or experience with this issue? I didn't touch the security settings or anything having to do with that. Thanks for the help in advance :355: i've already posted up on hptuners forum so hopefully help comes from the pros soon :)
hmm not sure, but these trucks are strange. It might make for a good sticky to have all new hptuners pull the fuse on accessories like alarms and Onstar and add to it as we find things that hptuners doesnt agree with.

Does his alarm not have a reset button?? I believe the "brain" should have one.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
If you did not touch VATS, then you did nothing to affect the alarm system.

Even if you shut off VATS, the alarm system would still function.

So, focus on the alarm system, not the PCM tuning.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you did not touch VATS, then you did nothing to affect the alarm system.

Even if you shut off VATS, the alarm system would still function.

So, focus on the alarm system, not the PCM tuning.
Yep, im just covering my bases. Ended up with a fried alarm modual. Wierd.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
The wonderful world of working on other people's vehicles and the crazy coincidences that may occur. :ugh2:

I can say kudos to you because "others" just may run and hide away. It goes a long way to stick with the customer to provide support during these odd times. :high5:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wonderful world of working on other people's vehicles and the crazy coincidences that may occur. :ugh2:

I can say kudos to you because "others" just may run and hide away. It goes a long way to stick with the customer to provide support during these odd times. :high5:
Well odd times for an odd guy I guess. Thanks.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yea my module got fried. No worries though I got it covered under warranty:D. The tune went wonderfully. I really like the results and I look forward to working w/ ZNA03 again and make more improvements if possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts