Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I don't know if anyone has had issues but I can not tune my truck with HPtuners. The 07 Colorado, canyons, and hummers have bugs. Does anyone know a solution to this problem????
I can't tune mine and bill at hptuners claim they are working on a fix but I don't see it being a priority for them. I also tried tuning another 07 and it would not work either. I don't have any aftermarket item to effect it working. Wish I had not purchased it now since it will not work.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Mines an 07' and I haven't had an issue. Do you have an aftermarket radio with one of the interfaces? If so remove the radio fuse before tuning, it can cause communication issues.
What version of the hptuners software are you running?

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
i'm running HPT v2.23.456, but havent tryed to tune an 07. i got this vrsn as a beta from HPT bcuz i was having issues with not being able to tun my grand am. now with the beta i am able.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey guys hear is an update on my problem. Bill at HP Tuners sent me a new beta 2.23.621 and it fixed the problem with the 07 with the P12 2mb ecm. It can be written to now. So if you have been having a problem with late 07's this beta will fix it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Can anyone help. Trying to tune my 04 Colorado I5 and the boot loader will not download. Have an alpine radio and viper 5701 alarm. For some reason truck won't accept anything. I know plenty of people with 04's that don't have a problem. Just in need of help with this

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Can anyone help. Trying to tune my 04 Colorado I5 and the boot loader will not download. Have an alpine radio and viper 5701 alarm. For some reason truck won't accept anything. I know plenty of people with 04's that don't have a problem. Just in need of help with this

Remove the radio fuse from the fuse box located under the hood, physically remove any aftermarket door chime modules and make sure you have power from the right aux port under your dash, that's also powers the ODBII port. Check all fuses and make sure they are pushed all the way in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Where would the door chime module be? I know it's aftermarket and would depend on installer but we are trying to find it. And what about bypass module for remote start. Could that do anything?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Disregard that last post. Found out that the only thing holding it back was the valet switch on the alarm. Truck is now tuned, pass lock is gone, and the truck runs great

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey now, looks like you have a few tricks up your selves Supermod. Wanna help me?
I own a 05 canyon, Maxx leveling kit, firestone ride rite air bag sys. Borla cat back, 33" Toyo tires with a flat black 6 spoke wheel, belsteln shocks, aem cold air intake, I used to have a stage 2 chip from jet performance but it took out the pcm and cost me $500.00 to repair. The chip was only in for 3 months. The truck only had 40,000 miles on it. Driven 800 miles once a month to go to drs. Chips been out ever since. Notice no difference in mileage, power ect. When first installed or removed. Chip was installed after the cold air and exhaust was installed.
I'm in need of some good info to help the I5 run like it should. All my power is between 4 & 5 thousand on the rpm gauge. There just has to be a better way.
Ps. Sooty exhaust pipe.
Thanks a ton for your time!

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey now, looks like you have a few tricks up your selves Supermod. Wanna help me?
I own a 05 canyon, Maxx leveling kit, firestone ride rite air bag sys. Borla cat back, 33" Toyo tires with a flat black 6 spoke wheel, belsteln shocks, aem cold air intake, I used to have a stage 2 chip from jet performance but it took out the pcm and cost me $500.00 to repair. The chip was only in for 3 months. The truck only had 40,000 miles on it. Driven 800 miles once a month to go to drs. Chips been out ever since. Notice no difference in mileage, power ect. When first installed or removed. Chip was installed after the cold air and exhaust was installed.
I'm in need of some good info to help the I5 run like it should. All my power is between 4 & 5 thousand on the rpm gauge. There just has to be a better way.
Ps. Sooty exhaust pipe.
Thanks a ton for your time!
Sure I'll help ya!
You can call or txt me 732-690-6443
See the links in my sig.

Chip are for KIDS LOL.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Is Hp tuners website down? been trying for weeks cant get on it?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Did HP tuners go out of business? I sent a email to [email protected] got a instant automated reply saying to email support, do not email bill anymore?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
I just logged on to it and it is fine. Try this url HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips
This page cannot be displayed!

windows seven desktop 64 bit machine, explorer browser

Server not found
windows 7 note book 32 bit machine, firefox

Safari could not open the page, because the server stopped responding
Iphone 4 safari

That's three different devices??

What's the deal? all the other sites I visit work, just not Hp tuners? Could HP tuners be banned in Canada?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
OK hold on, I turned off wifi, on my Iphone, and now I got hp tuners to come up? Whats the deal?

Could shaw my internet provider block a website?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
No sure and regarding Bill not sure if he is still with them. As I don't see any post by him anymore. I know at one time a while back he was thinking about leaving.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Bill is still there, replied to me today.

I give up, Internet service provider says HP is blocking my IP?? HP tuners says they are not?

I am ready to scream at someone?

No idea, what to do?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts