Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have a 07 Colorado i5 would like to tune it what's my best option?
Need more info...what's your end goal(s) for this tune (performance, efficiency, problem fix, etc)?

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I have a 07 Colorado i5 would like to tune it what's my best option?
The cheapest and most reasonable tune for your truck year and model is a mail order tune for $100. We also offer remote street tunes for those with more custom mods.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealership is really ripping me to shreds on p0017 right now. I almost wonder if I should go ahead and have them reflash the PCM to get ready for my new tune while they are at it. However, I want to replace my K&N filter with a K&N intake and my Flowmaster muffler with MBRP exhaust. PTB is in the mail.

Will it really be that big of a deal if I get the tune before the new mods? At the cost of intake and exhaust, I'm looking at several more months away since p0017 has been a money pit.

I have a PCMforless tune right now but am anticipating a step up from that with this one. The tune made a somewhat noticeable difference and I'm not sure I want to go back to "normal" conditions after all these years just to allow time to save up for mods.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Throttle response and performance. These things have no low end torque...(over size tires)
Will there be a noticeable amount of power increase not sure never had a tune or chip installed ??

yes a big difference. once the torque management is lowered the 'no low end torque' changes quite a bit

61 - 71 of 71 Posts