Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i purchased a Hushpower II 304 Stainless Muffler short version. I had it installed today and i like it a lot. No real cab drone at all. During idle u can tell a small difference over our stock muffler but once you give it some gas it purs nicely. I would highly recommend this exhaust to someone looking for an improvement over stock , but that doesn't want it to be super loud or have to worry about the cab drone at highway speeds. I will post a video to Youtube this week hopefully for those interested in hearing how it turned out. When i was purchasing it i searched around and i don't think anyone has this installed on there Colorado because i was unable to find anything except for posts asking about them. so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

**This is my opinion coming from having a super 44 flow-master on my previous truck, the in cab drone was horrible even at idle it was UN-bearable almost. But i am very pleased with the Hushpower II, this exhaust is at the top of my choice list for my next vehicle so far.**

(video 1) ** poor sound quality http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=GHVpd_8VVNg

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
will do, I was unable to take any while it was on the lift, but ill take a few on my lunch break today.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the price?
I ordered my muffler off of eBay because the shop i go to and trust didn't carry them. so the muffler cost was $80 w/ free shipping and the shop charged me $70 for install which i felt was a good firm deal. took them about an hour to install and i was out the door. price would have been cheaper but due to the short muffler, fabrication was needed and extra pipe to align everything correctly.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the picture you requested. sorry for the poor picture quality i had to crawl my a$$ under the truck to take this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not kidding the stock muffler prob has about 10 to 13 pds of weight the new muffler is like 4 pds. max. lol so it was a good chunk of eight removed from the car.

·
Nation Affiliate
11,170 Posts
I have the Hushpower DBX and there is almost NO DRONE. I love it at highway and cruising speeds, but with the JTR and no second cat its kinda ricey when you get on it.

I cant wait to hear how the HP-2 sounds.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the video i promised its not to great of sound quality due to me recoding it alone on my pad so ill take my camera out and have my buddy tape it so the quality is a little better and you can actually get the realistic sound quality's. will upload a new video later next week.
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=GHVpd_8VVNg

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Nice I will have t try this. Inhave a flowmaster 70 which is gigantic with two exits but the exit pipes are rotting.. I was going to go with a walker quiet flow muffler but I might try to hp2. I have a gutted cat and high flow second cat/ midpipe so I'm just afraid it will sound ricy too :/

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice I will have t try this. Inhave a flowmaster 70 which is gigantic with two exits but the exit pipes are rotting.. I was going to go with a walker quiet flow muffler but I might try to hp2. I have a gutted cat and high flow second cat/ midpipe so I'm just afraid it will sound ricy too :/

i dont think it would sound ricey if you get the shorty version it is def. louder and has a slightly deeper tone than the full sized muffler that's why i went with the shorty version.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's really quiet at idle! I'm suprised
i know thats what i was going for. i have a remote start so when i had my old exhaust it was so loud i could hear it all the way across my house and im on the 3rd floor it was way to loud and in cab drone was horrible this deff a improvement step and im pleased so far.

·
Nation Affiliate
11,170 Posts
thanks for the embedded link, and im glad you liked the sound. how did it compare to the sound of yours . i dont think it sounds ricey at all.
From the video it sounds deeper. Also I think a lot of my problem is the huge camaro style tip I have. I think it gives it a megaphone effect on it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts