Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a serious hvac issue in my 2005 Colorado. the vents work when i first turn on the truck but after about 15 minutes air stops blowing. i can hear the blower motor running but it just sounds like something is restricting the flow of air. its loud as hell. it does the same thing regardless of hot or cold. i have noticed during the summer that the air box under the passenger side dash would literally freeze up. ice covered it and it would drip on the floor. Now in the winter with the heat on, the air box still gets cold but doesn't freeze and still drips. I have no idea what could cause it. i pulled the blower motor and cleaned it but from that im stumped. has anyone ran into this problem or know of another thread i could check out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does it with the recirc on or off. doesn't seem to make a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
When you first turn the A/C on, and it is operating normally, does the fan sound differently when switching the recirc on and off? It should sound a bit louder when recirc is turned on.

If you don't have a recirc problem, the Evaporator Temp Sensor could be defective.

I just happened to think, is this problem occurring with the A/C turned off?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts