Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read in the newest Truckin' magazine that Hypertech has a programmer for our trucks....I couldn't find it on their website.

Anybody know the part number?

·
Registered
839 Posts
How much do you think it would help? And would it fix speedo's?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
it does the following

Top speed limiter
Engine RPM limiter
Tranmission shifts
speedometor and odometer corrections
vehicle diagnostics
Back to stock/ change options
cooling fan tempatures

website Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer

I would really like to give this a try. I like the fact you dont have to buy credits for it like Hp tuners.

Does anyone know how this compares to an Hp tuners Tune?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would kind of like this because you can change it on the go, so if your going to tow one day, drive 400 miles the next you can change it pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Am I the only one that noticed the Colorado/Canyon is not on the supported vehicle list?

Even when something becomes available, no plug and play unit will ever compare to what HP Tuners can provide.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Am I the only one that noticed the Colorado/Canyon is not on the supported vehicle list?

Even when something becomes available, no plug and play unit will ever compare to what HP Tuners can provide.
Correct. But plug and play is easier on the masses who don't wanna go through the process of finding a local tuner to do the work for them or the ones that purchase it and have no idea where to go once it's installed :)

Z

·
0 Posts
anyone notice that the expensive hypertech does only what even the newest person to hptuners can do??

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I like how its easy to use. Plus I don't even think theres an HP tuning place here in Bend. If someones comming to the spring meet that uses Hp tuners then I'll wait.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I heard that it's pretty hard to use for the first timer. Is there a thread here that goes over how to use it?

Z

·
0 Posts
I heard that it's pretty hard to use for the first timer. Is there a thread here that goes over how to use it?
its complex with fuel mapping and more complex things, but the basic stuff that people want(like torquemanagement removal/gear change/speed limiter/etc) is very very simple.

And the shift points still have me stumped, but i don't have an auto-tranny to use for learning.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
its complex with fuel mapping and more complex things, but the basic stuff that people want(like torquemanagement removal/gear change/speed limiter/etc) is very very simple.

And the shift points still have me stumped, but i don't have an auto-tranny to use for learning.
The shift points is the main reason I want the tune. I'll have to find out who has an HP tuner in the northwest.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
i dont know why we are still talking about this. like said THIS IS NOT EVEN COMPATIBLE WITH A 355.

also, plug and play units are GHEY, they arent even CLOSE to worth the money.
Nobody listens to me anyways... Glad someone else saw that and knows what they are talking about. :high5:

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
It has it listed in a magazine. They probally haven't updated there site for some reason.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont know why we are still talking about this. like said THIS IS NOT EVEN COMPATIBLE WITH A 355.
if you read the first post, truckin' mag had a shoutout about it just becoming available for the 355. I also so on another mag's site that the newest version had support for the 355. I emailed Hypertech but have not gotten a response.

They may have not updated their own site yet. Or it may not have come out yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts