Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am from Kansas. I am going to be purchasing a Colorado. I was just curious on what I need to look out for and any problems that the Colorado's had. I have found 1 that is a 2005, has 152,000 miles on it, the fiberglass rear fenders, front fenders and hood. It has Tuff wheels and General Grabber tires(But 2wd). It is a great looking truck but I am not sure a price range to shoot him an offer. KBB is $7,500 but he is asking $10,000 for some of the aftermarket stuff he has on it. I was told you guys are the best site to get this information from. Thanks for letting me become a member of 355 Nation.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome!!

I would check and see if the head was replaced. At that mileage, I would assume if it was going to fail it would've failed already. Can't hurt to inquire about it though. Also, aftermarket parts don't make a vehicle worth more, the seller should have known that going into it. That's a lot of money for a high mileage truck, especially a 2wd.

·
the guy that always on
3,241 Posts
Welcome!!

I would check and see if the head was replaced. At that mileage, I would assume if it was going to fail it would've failed already. Can't hurt to inquire about it though. Also, aftermarket parts don't make a vehicle worth more, the seller should have known that going into it. That's a lot of money for a high mileage truck, especially a 2wd.
X2

(mobile)

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
Yea a little high for that milage i would continue to look, good luck with ur search and by the way :welcome2:

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
Yep, aftermarket is meaningless, unless you would do those things yourself - it saves you money in that case.

If it gets in a wreck, most insurance companies only cover up to $1k in aftermarket parts without extra coverage, and OEM parts that aren't there don't get replaced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts